JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Kitchen makeover

October 28, 2010

So if you've been following me for a while then you know one of my favorite design blogs is Emily A. Clark.  She recently showcased a kitchen before and after that reminded me of my own kitchen.  
Maybe it was the maple cabinets on the before and the dreamy greys in the after but this makeover grabbed my attention.
You might be confused if you've been to my house since my kitchen is green and my cabinets are black not grey.  You're right.  However, I am in the middle of a very long transition period for my kitchen.  The next phase involves painting over the light green paint with a luscious grey.
It's going to be years before my dream kitchen is complete.  Mostly because marble counter tops and dark hardwood floors aren't exactly in our budget any time soon.
A girl can dream though right?
And what better place to store my favorite kitchen inspiration than right here on the blog.
After all, it's why I started it in the first place.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


This kitchen is the opposite of what I'd do, black cabinets with white counter tops.  
I'm intrigued by how she designed her little rounded corner cabinet display shelf thingy.
We've got that too and I'm always at a loss for how to decorate it.
I'm a really big fan of the roman shade over the kitchen sink window.
This reader is also an interior designer named Emily.
Read more about that here.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love Roman Shades too. Design Question: How would it look to put a roman shade over the kitchen sink window but not do anything to the bay window area where the table is. I've been contemplating this for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually putting a post together about that Jen, so stay tuned! We have the exact problem in our kitchen. Not a bay window, but two large double windows with a built-in shelf above that makes window treatments except for blinds and roman shades all but impossible. It's such a wonderful, and really only, source of light to the back of the house so I hate to block the view with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog (after clicking through links and links of other design blogs) and I said, "Oh my gosh, that's my kitchen!" Glad that you posted it as well! Hope you like it as much as we do! :-)

    Emily Hewett
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk