JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

We're here for you

November 19, 2010



 My dear sweet friend has suffered an immeasurable loss.
Her sweet baby has been called to heaven at just one week old.
There are no words to convey my sadness for her and her family.
I hope that God can wrap her in his love and that it feels like a cashmere sweater.
Only warmer.
And tighter.
I pray he never lets go.
I pray she finds your way again.


eventually, it'll break your heart

it'll rip you wide open, crawl
up into your ribcage, root through
your chest, rush like lightning
through your veins, settle deep
into your soul, it will make you
question everything

but you must answer it

sit with it, revel in it even,
because pain fosters courage
& without courage
you will never
wholly experience
the fullness
of life

-
Amanda Oaks



Today I am thankful for...
19.  Perspective

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot even imagine the pain! Praying for your friend and for you. Have you heard of the book I will Carry You? It's about dealing with the pain of a child passing away. Your post is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, very well stated. Joe and I are struggling with this loss. Counting our many blessings. And being so sad for them, but grateful for what we have. Your blog has the ability to reach the masses and send love and prayers their way from folks they don't even know. Thank you again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad to read this. How tragic. My heart goes out to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk