JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

built-in bookshelves

June 27, 2011

TA-DA!
Let the fun begin!
Matthew finished up the built-in bookshelves and now I get to decorate. 
My sweet husband and father both offered me boxes of books to help fill up the space.
{Jill, should that say "sweet husband, and father"?  I'm not actually married to my Dad and I always eff up on the comma thing.}
Well anyway, "fill 'er up" we won't.
I did compromise with Matthew that at least a few of his books could make it to the shelves he so laboriously built.
I'm looking forward to pretty-ing them up with the contents of the storage boxes now residing in our sitting room.
***You might also see a teeny tiny sneak peak of my new rug from Shades of Light.  Being in Richmond has some perks*** 


PAINT:
Cabinets & Shelves:  DESIGNER WHITE (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
Back of shelves:  TIDEWATER (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
Walls: ANTIQUE STERLING (GLIDDEN)

LIGHT FIXTURE:
Original sconces soon to be replaced or rehabbed

HARDWARE:  
Bauble Knob (ANTHROPOLOGIE)


go getcha some right here

*****************
If you're still bored at work you can go read more about our renovation progress here

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. What beautiful shelves!!! I LOVE the color you chose! That blue is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! I want some bookshelves in my family room. Love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look beautiful! Tidewater is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet hominy grits, those are some awesome built-ins girl.
    enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT LOOKS FABULOUS DAHLING! me likey. xoxo shel

    ReplyDelete
  6. lllloooovvvveee it Julia! It looks like you guys have such a gorgeous new house! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! I think you and Matt might need to start flipping houses. But seriously would he ever consider doing some built-ins for us as a side job? Love the rug sneak peak gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are absolutely gorgeous! I'm completely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous; I love the use of color on the back of the shelves. I'm sure that you'll make all those blank spaces very pretty indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look beautiful! Love the color on the back of the shelves -- perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 28, 2011

    What on earth is wrong with the doors on the right hand side??? Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good, I want to have my husband do it for my dining room. It needs a redo badly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks tricky to work in around the existing mantel and fireplace trim what technique did you use to blend it in? Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk