So I heard my baby's heart beat today.
oh, and I got weighed, which is always splendid
And that's it.
No big reveal.
I'm hormonal and disgruntled and disappointed and have been known to be quite a beeotch even when those contingencies aren't present so please read the following with caution.
I'm not looking on the bright side or in the mood for controversy or hearing the other side of the story nor do I want to hate on other women's birth choices.
We all made the decisions of how that baby got in there and have a right to decide how we want them to come out.
I believe it's our right as women to make our own informed decisions.
It's okay if you disagree with mine, just don't judge me.
Don't move across state lines in the middle of a pregnancy because you just mind find out that
1. You wait over four weeks to be seen
(okay, so most doctors only see you once a month at this point, I'll concede that)
2. They don't do ultrasounds at an initial patient visit
No matter how far along you are
No matter if you try to claim fake labor pains in the middle of their speech about scheduling you for the next available opening.
Which happens to be Sept. 29th.
Today is Sept. 7th.
I'm going to call their other office in the morning and see if I can't make things happen quicker at that location.
3. Find out your doctor's opinions on birth plans before you make said appointment.
While it wasn't the adorable healthy face and spread legs of my baby that I received today, I was lucky enough to get a lecture on the dangers of a repeat C-section and why choosing convenience over the health of myself and my child was irresponsible and VBACS were how real women give birth.
I was lectured on why I chose to have a c-section for my first birth when vaginal breech deliveries were perfectly routine.
Pretty sure my sweet baby's football shaped broken head wouldn't have come out the old fashioned way.
I'm glad I didn't try.
And I'm glad my doctor in SC didn't judge.
I also informed her that my hospital in SC wasn't equipped to handle VBACS so I really had never considered the options before.
I asked her what her professional recommendation was and she felt that I should come to the hospital at 9cm dilated and push my baby out.
Despite the vbac/c-section debate that leaves no room for an epidural.
What the eff?
I had a successful c-section with my first baby and plan to have one with my second.
Thank you ma'am.
Okay, rant over
One of my sweet readers Lizzie decided that we should conduct a poll so I guess now we have the time to do it.
If you're right you'll be entered automatically into winning something awesome.
Not sure what yet.
I'm too busy being pissed off to think on my toes here y'all.
Basically all you have to do is leave a comment here saying boy or girl and we'll go from there.
Okay, are we all feeling better now?