JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

pediatric cardiologist

February 6, 2012

{Not words you want to hear from your pediatrician}

We made it 30 days this time.
That's four weeks longer than with Wells.

A whole month of feeling lucky and thankful and grateful that we have a normal healthy baby.

I think, no I know, we still do.

Tag's going to see a pediatric cardiologist this morning.

His pediatrician found a loud murmur in his heart at his check-up on Thursday.
This could mean so many things.
Including nothing.
So that's what I'm going with.
Until they tell me otherwise.

But honestly, it makes me want to vom.

They found a soft murmur when he was born due to a small whole in his heart but it healed itself by discharge.
They heard it on the Tuesday he was born.
And on Wednesday.
They listened for it on a Thursday, and a Friday, and a Monday.
Nothing.
We were at a teaching hospital so all levels of doctors listened for it and none could find it.

Now it's back.
And bigger.
And louder.

Or it's a new one.

Time to pray



Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

26 comments:

  1. My sweet girl, I am so sorry to hear this! I am praying for sweet Tag right now! I wish I could just give you big hugs right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Tag! Put your trust in the Lord that He will sustain you! Pour all your cares on Him and He will be there with you through all of this.

    I know everything will be okay!

    XO,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Thoughts and prayers for Tag and The Ryans! Most pediatric murmurs are innocent and nothing to worry about, here's hoping that's all Tag's is.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending big prayers up for y'all. Such scary news. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I'm so sorry to hear this!!!! But I will be praying that everything turns out fine...for your strength and encouragement...and thankful for great, amazing doctors!!! Thinking about you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and sweet baby Tag. Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your family....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry. My heart is with you. I pray it is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear- praying for Tag and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying hard for sweet Tag and his whole family! Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you all. Please let me know how the appointment goes, I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for sweet little Tag's heart and for strength for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Much concern and prayers coming your way today. Hoping for a good prognosis. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless your heart. Saying a big prayer for you and Tag. My mom has a heart murmur and its no big deal so I pray its the same for Tag. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a lurker on this here blog but wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and that sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Julia. I just know he will be fantastic, hang in there. We are sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Tag, and family today. It will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying that it is nothing and sending hugs & positive energy your way. XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry to hear about Tag. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You sound to be in good hands and you have a great attitude and outlook. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this....I went through it with both my 2 children who are now perfectly healthy (almost 4 yo and I yo). The little holes in their hearts closed up on their own after a few months, no treatment needed. Hang in there! --a loyal reader

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am beyond thrilled to hear everything turned out to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thinking of you! I hope everything with Tag turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im glad to hear your sweet little guy is well! I just love this quote. Needed to see this today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk