JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

how to blog with kids

March 22, 2012

My life seriously revolves around being a good momma. 
I forgo lunching and shopping in favor of playing kitchen or going to the park.
{So not judging the moms that can swing that, Wells just won't let it fly}
I sing songs and build boats (Wells' version of a fort) and do laundry and cut up cheese 
ALL DAY LONG.
And with a few infrequent exceptions I wake up to feed Tag 
ALL NIGHT LONG
I'm not complaining, honest.  I love it.  I was made for this.
Photography, blogging, diy's & design, mothering, being a wife, taking a shower, etc.
But, I've been noticing few comments and emails lately that lead me to believe y'all think I have it together.
ALL THE TIME
I don't
I'm not perfect and I'm not without my daily struggles.
Sometimes I just can not do it all.
And sometimes I have to do things that will NEVER invite me to guest post on the BabyCenter blog or get me a feature in Parents Magazine.
And I'm okay with that too.
So in favor of keeping it real, here is a quick little peak into how I accomplish things sometimes.
Step 1
Place toddler in a safe but secure location 
(I chose the high chair)

Step 2
Locate their favorite show onDemand 
(Wells chose "toot-toot car" aka The Wiggles)

Step 3
Keep them hydrated
(Wells prefers her "bot" full of soy milk)

Step 4
Keep them nourished
(two "doctors treat" aka lollipops back to back seem to do the job in our house)

Step 5
Give them access to their favorite toys
(Wells chose the "purpa bowl" and "hands" aka a wet wipe)
***
If any of y'all have an secret weapon mom moves that you pull out just before you pull your hair out feel free to comment them here (or email me if you don't want the whole bloggy world to know you sometimes give your kids McDonald's fries to get through a Walmart trip (oh wait, that's me again)


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. Dang. Shame on whoever is judging you. You're doing an amazing job. Everyone (moms especially) need a good hour or so to themselves every day just to regroup, do their thing, blog, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't blogged since October maybe? And lightly salted Ritz are my 14mos old key. Always have a sleeve in my purse for us to share whilst grocery/target shopping. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping it real :) A hot pretzel at Target is sometimes the only way I can keep everyone quite long enough to get the shopping done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I use the pac-n-play as a playpen. It stays set up in the tv room, and it is the ONLY place in the house that has toys...other than her room of course. FInlay has grown to like it (I was going to write love, but that's just a stretch).

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom used to watch All My Children with me for her break, which was great until I apparently started singing the theme song in front of people. Totally gave it away!

    I don't have my own kids yet but find myself doing things like giving the dog a treat to keep her from whining. Sometimes you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cartoons and goldfish are lilly's thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If a melt down is a brewin in car on the way to Target I tell her she can have a cookie and cheese when we get inside, as long as she is a good girl. The bakery department has a stash of cookies they will give out to children. Yet another reason I love Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally use Sesame St on demand so that I can take a shower some mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have about 12 episodes of the Fresh Beat Band and Bubble Guppies on DVR, a bowl of pretzels on the coffee table, plop her on the couch and I swear I just bought myself 20 min.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plan City miniature wooden toy trucks (i keep one or two on hand at all times), games on my iphone (this pretty much calms any meltdown and buys me a good 15-20min) and of course yummy earth organic suckers, I couldn't live without these. I have a stash in my car, purse, home & stroller and since they're organic I feel like it's okay to have a few a day!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! Two boys= fenced in backyard! I swear when I'm about to pull my hair out, I open the back door and say " look at that squirrel out there. What's he doing" and then pull the door to a cracked position. It's safe...toys + dirt + a dog= good fun! They come in completely filthy but at least I have had a few uninterrupted minutes to myself!!!! Popsicles outside another lifesaver or a tub time in the middle of the day;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! Two boys= fenced in backyard! I swear when I'm about to pull my hair out, I open the back door and say " look at that squirrel out there. What's he doing" and then pull the door to a cracked position. It's safe...toys + dirt + a dog= good fun! They come in completely filthy but at least I have had a few uninterrupted minutes to myself!!!! Popsicles outside another lifesaver or a tub time in the middle of the day;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was hysterical! Loved it and now I have the Wiggles in my head..Thanks for that!! Well, looks like you are doing a fab job of juggling it all from here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep food + cartoons let me get stuff done. I let S watch way more TV than I ever swore I would while preggo. Lollipops, Popsciles and chocolate also work wonders. I am the queen of bribing S with treats. and if all else fails I let him play in the backyard while I watch from the kitchen window blogging (and maybe drinking wine).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Food!!!! and an Iphone...that's all I got!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl -- we all do it! 'How about a Netflix movie?!!" I love seeing pics of your adorable babies (my daughter is sitting next to me on the couch and was mesmorized by Wells in her high chair!)

    And your entry table looks great! Love the gold

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lilli has an entire playlist on youtube (Elmo is also her favorite)! Thank you SO much for letting us know about the brush your teeth song. She loves dancing to it and any other singing Elmo video on youtube! A cookie or goldfish and her "ca" aka cup of milk help me get a little extra mileage while putting on make up or attempting to do my hair. Love you Jules for keeping it real!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk