JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

pink pants and such

March 28, 2012

So I'm pretty much floored by how awesome y'all are and encouraging of my art pieces.
I was actually texting a friend about selling my pieces just the other day and emailing with a perfect stranger who wants to buy some custom pieces as well so I've been busy creating a lot lately.
Of course I'll share on here first and give y'all first dibs!
***
And, I am stiiiiiiiiiill in the search for some colored jeans.  
I want pink.  
And I want them cheap.
What can I say.
I found these on pinterest and I think I might go check them out today.
I haven't been inside The Limited in eons so I have no clue about size or fit but I'll let you know so you can order online.
I went to Old Navy yesterday and their pink jeans are the most perfect color but it seems they're extinct everywhere.  They had a zero short and an 18.  If that's you ladies, go to Willow Lawn and pick them up!

 I'm also ob.sessed with this splendid dress but sadly they're out of the pink. 
I feel a DIY coming on....

and speaking of diy....
I do have a little something already in the works that involves this gold striped bench
 And I'd really LOVE to find a spot in my house to do something nuts like this crazy navy and silver wonky chevron wall
And I'll end on this fun little non-sense
Because who doesn't want to think about oooey goooey chocolate cupcakes with oreo frosting all day?
Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Whipped Cream 

Makes 24 cupcakes

2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons Oreo cookie crumbs
24 Oreo cookie halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.

Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl until combined. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then add vanilla and eggs, one at a time and mixing well after each one is added.

With the mixer on low, gradually add in dry mixture and buttermilk alternately in 3 parts, starting and ending with the dry mixture. After the last addition, stir until just combined being careful not to overmix the batter. Divide batter into prepare cupcake pans and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs. Let cool completely on a wire rack.

To make the whipped cream frosting, combine cream, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-heat speed until stiff peaks form, then gently fold in Oreo crumbs with a rubber spatula. Pipe the whipped cream onto the cooled cupcakes with your favorite tip and garnish with 1/2 Oreo cookie on top.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. Love this post, And no darn if you don't have me wanting Oreo Cupcakes for breakfast. Thank god I don't have the ingredients on hand or they would be made! Please let me know about the pink jeans. The color is great but I think the last time I stepped foot in the Limited was Junior High:) I went to Target yesterday to try on their version of colored jeans but they were out of my size. I also went to the Jcrew outlet yesterday and they had almost identical jeans to the green ones I got for cheaper like $60 with extra 30 percent off. They had cobalt blue and a dark coral. Love the Splendid Dress, almost ordered it but decided it was a bad look on my wide hipes. I can't waer stuff that cuts across like that! Ok I think I just wrote a novel on here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go straight to the Splendid website, you can buy that dress directly from there. It's a great find. I love Splendid. Great wall look and I can't wait to see your DIY with the golden bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those pink jeans sister! please lmk how they fit!!! And hell yes you need to sale you art it is fabulous! PS please lmk your secret to all your beautifully outrageous projects you have time for with two babes??? You Rock, totally my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the splendid dress! And Oreo cupcakes? Yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Old Navy online, the Diva fits to size, I secretly love their jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want pink jeans now! Love the Old Navy ones but they don't exist in Virginia either....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think I need to check out Old Navy today (although after reading Natalie's comment I may head to the J Crew outlet instead....)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post makes me so happy. Sell the art girl!

    And can I say yum on the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Splendid dress too!!!! I think I would need to eat air for 3 months in order for the elastic waist band to look good on me though!!!!!! And loving your art-where did you find your frames? I am trying to do more paintings as well in hopes of selling a few pieces at Novel. here in Charleston:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink jeans and dress! If you do a DIY then please post! I don't think I could make it on my own. Have a great Wed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink dress and must make those oreo cupcakes...they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pink skirt! And I can't wait to see what you have in the works with that gold striped bench because it is GORGEOUS!

    XO,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I can't have the pink skinnies AND the fabulous cupcakes!!! So, seeing as how the jeans are all sold out, I'm going cupcake. And, so eager to see your bench!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adore your blog! So cute and you have amazing style. Try Shopbop.com for the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much to love, but I would say to just buy a pink skirt b/c then you can pair with a plain white tee and lot of other things and your not just stuck with the white tee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Southmoonunder (Short Pump) probably has the dress since they sell it online. Or else they can get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk