JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

creating a playroom

April 23, 2012

 So this isn't' a very exciting post for y'all but it certainly is for my girl Wells.
You see we transformed our extra large dining room into a bit of a multipurpose room after Tag was born in order for our house to function better with two babies to keep my eye on.  The first thing I did was turn our dining room table into a computer desk which created a little office area in half of the space and purposing the other half of the room as Wells' little play kitchen. 
More on all that later. 
Our giant china hutch, which you may remember from here, falls into Wells' zone and was looking a little out of place amongst her toys.  So I gave it up and redesigned it for kids.
Honestly, I kinda like it.
And Wells adores it.
At first I was worried about putting her things out of reach, but it's helped with the chaotic mess she creates and it makes her toys feel more special.  She likes to get a "ride pease mommy" and have me hold her up so she can choose a story or another "treashure" from the shelf.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who's let their house slowly get taken over by toys.


Here's what it was looking like before which I loved but this is just more practical for our life right now.



Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

14 comments:

  1. Not interesting! Puuuhhhlease! Love the shelving and the organizing. Adorbs. Stella and Billie need an organized play area. Oh wait. That would be our entire house that has their bones hidden all around. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! And what a sweetie she is. Lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From china to toys. Thats so how life is right now. Crazy, but I love it. Looks so cute with her named spelled out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. You are a styling master! I need to do something for our playroom as organization was lost long ago. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Practicality just has to rule out sometimes. You'll have china back in there at some point :)

    I love that china cabinet. We're in a desperate search for one now for our dining room. Not an easy task!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our whole house is slowly but surely turning into a playroom, I can only imagine what it is going to be when this second baby comes along. I think the hutch looks great with Wells' stuff : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is wonderful to transform a beautiful piece of furniture to meet your needs. It is darling for the kids!

    I am featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera on my site! She is amazing!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. Having a toddler myself, I can appreciate practical design over the fancy stuff. Nice!

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please, we only have two rooms which are livable in our house right now, and they've both already been taken over. It's definitely not just you. I love your kids' names by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Very well done! I love how it looks and let's face it, sometimes, okay most the time, practical wins and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this?!?

    P.S. I love your children's names - so unique and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I think it's so adorable! You can put dishes on the hutch forever... but sweet little girl toys will only be around for a little while! : ) Can't wait to see the room evolve!

    PS. Love your black modern art... you are one talented chica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute!
    -linda,ny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever accommodates our kids needs, right? Looks lovely!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk