JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

House Updates

June 18, 2012

I honestly don't know if my style is evolving or just my ability to asses it better.
Either way, I made a few changes to my entryway this weekend and I love how it's shaping up!
I added in a few chinoiserie pieces and a new blue ikat painting I just finished and I think the blue and pink is the jam.  I also swapped out the old rug and for the two black and white kilim like runners I had draped over the slipper chairs.  
Much fresher!
What do you think?
You can see more evolution pictures of the space here, herehere, and, here.  
Now it's on to get the rest of the house under control!

Especially the living room.
Remember this space is really part of our living room so I need to keep it cohesive.  I tend to get so swayed by impulse purchases that don't go with anything else I have and are just plain wrong for the style of the room and I end up with unfinished spaces that just don't feel right.  I decided to make myself an inspiration board to use as a roadmap along the way.  
Matthew has made it clear he's not repainting and I'm not buying new furniture until my children learn to wipe their sticky fingers on paper towels.
Which means I'm using all my existing pieces rather than dream items because in reality this is what I'm working with.  So this isn't my dream living room, just a realistic plan to have one I really really like by adding in a few new colors and accessories!


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

22 comments:

  1. Love it. So functional! Obsessed with the tufted sofa. ANNNDDD your entry looks marvelous. So I may have gone to Garden Gate on Saturday and saw that blue and white ginger jar you are coveting for $30. Go. Get. It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about not buying new furniture not worth it at all. Although my couch is sticky and gross I will live with it a few more years. Love the addition of blue with the pink. Fabulous functional room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooh fantastic idea board... love this direction!!! cant wait to see the way it turns out.

    and ps - great job on the ikat painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! That chesterfield-ish sofa is killing me. And that painting is great. I'm totally feeling the blue and pink. Can't wait to see everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still can't get over what a score those kilim rugs were!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT's beautiful. I love the colors. I think I have that same gold "branch" bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard with little ones and their sticky fingers. I'm not going to have my dream white couch anytime soon, that's for sure.
    Love everything in your picture and idea board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you nailed it with the entry way changes! And I am having to sit on my hands to try to not completely repaint and redecorate our living room/kitchen, just trying to make it to our move that should happen before 2013! But, that living room plan in not helping :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It's really beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's stunning! I love seeing glimpses of your gorgeous space. And I'm a little envious of all your blue and white porcelain — so chic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, I LOVE the new entryway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blue and pink together! I am trying to incorporate the same into my living space! Fabulous rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! It looks more cohesive and the pops of blue and pink together are so cheerful and Summery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it Julia! So pretty! Your paintings are absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. BAM!!! The entry looks awesome! Couldn't agree with you more about the furniture thing. Loving your additions of the different blues too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! Love the updates. I think we are all guilty of purchasing things that do not work. Very smart of you to stay with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely loving the changes, and your inspiration board. You definitely have an eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I LOVE that painting! You have such a gorgeous home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it and the functionality!

    Cheers,

    Sarah Lee Weaver
    http://www.sarahleeweaver.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks so pretty!!! I love all the little touches! I literally sat and stared at the image just taking in each thing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the entryway! I never would've thought to pair the blue and pink together like that and it's so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the painting. It has inspired me to paint something fabulous !! Thanks for the inspiration. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk