JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

weekly cleaning chart

June 22, 2012

So as of right now, I'm cleaning my own house.  I'll be honest, I hope to change that soon.  I've been given the green light by Matthew to hire someone to help out twice a month which is a luxury we're willing to sacrifice to have.  With two kids under two I realize there will still be daily chores in order to keep our house from falling over the edge.  I swear our house always looks like a daycare no matter what I do.  We don't have an extra room designated as a playroom with doors that can be shut so ultimately the whole house is a play space despite my efforts to corral toys to one location.  And I honestly can't keep the cheerios and gold fish contained to the kitchen while maintaining my sanity.  And I'm totally guilty of crashing on the couch (or even bed) right after I get those two babes to sleep.   But when I look around at my view from the couch it's hard to relax knowing I should be doing something productive.  I realized I needed a chart to keep me organized and accountable.  Otherwise, it's just not going to happen.  I actually put some real thought into what will be done on which days based on practicality.  You can find a lot of other charts on pinterest  that might suit your own house or needs better but here is what is working for me.  Anyone else have any tips or tricks for housekeeping you'd like to share?  We can all use the advice.  
Anyone blowing off chores for the weekend?  I know I sure am.  Aside form the dailies, there is a reason this is a Monday-Friday chart.




Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. Ok this post makes me feel like a loser lazy ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And i highly recommend a cleaning lady asap! Best thing we have ever done and I could not imagine life without them! It's my high every other week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to steal this! We have all hard wood floors, and it seems like all I do is vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally made me realize I need to clean my house. Ugh. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word. I feel like my house looks like a daycare too, and my floors could pass for the factory floors at a cracker factory. Ok, not that you should take any cleaning advise from me, because I totally feel like a slob lately, but I've found that if I keep a container of Clorox wipes in the bathrooms I can wipe down the counter and sink quickly one a day (or every other) and can get away with not having to deep clean the counter and sink a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am horrible at cleaning my house! On the rare occasion both kids are sleeping than the last thing I want to do is clean. I had a cleaning lady after H was born and it made it harder because it took her 5 hours to clean which meant that I had to leave for 5 hours. Might try it again! I hated cleaning for the cleaning lady but it sure was amazing coming home to a clean house. You could always go to your moms house while the house is being cleaned. One of my friends does that and she says it cut down on her reckless spending while trying to stay out of the house. I am going to try your chart! Both kids will be in school on Thursdays this fall so at least I could clean in peace but there are about 4 millions things that I'd rather do instead. You know important stuff like pinning things that I will never do, checking Facebook or keeping myself current on my favorite blogs. Happy Friday, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My trick that works for me is to set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes and see how much I can get done before it goes off. For some reason the pressure of the clock makes me get so much more done. Plus I know it's only 20 minutes so I don't hate the cleaning as much. It's amazing how much straightening you can do in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this! Especially since my 1 year old has decided its fun to pick up toys and drop them around the house. She's like Hansel and Gretel. I started the 'laundry days - monday and thursday' about a year ago and its worked out really well. I love having a list like this because it removes the guilt of what i 'should/could' be doing. This is great! You should reward yourself by not cleaning at all this weekend. I'll join you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeaaah, totally relating to what you're saying. We have a cleaner come once a month. Our house is in shambles with Lilly's toys and Fletcher's bouncer things. And the goldfish and cheerios are insane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny, I've been starting to drop hints to the hubs lately about how nice it would be to have someone just come and dust and clean the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny, I've been starting to drop hints to the hubs lately about how nice it would be to have someone just come and dust and clean the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great schedule...I have this problem as well!

    Here is what I (try) to follow:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/178736678931067625/

    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...but it is definitely much more pleasant when I'm on track! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  13. come to my house and clean! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk