JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Eclectic Bedroom Design

August 9, 2012

So I'm going to say it here first, I'm just the teeny tiniest bit intrigued by moving Wells to a big girl bed and creating a whole big girl room.  Don't worry, I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon but of course I thought I'd get started early on the fun part:  Decorating.
So this is all just a road map for where I want to see it go.  Right now anyway.  I'll be super curious to come back to this original plan when we actually make the big leap (you know, when she goes to Kindergarten) to see how closely we stuck with it.
It's a little bit bohemian, a little bit glam, a little bit cozy, and a little bit sophisticated.
What do you think?
A little bit too grown up?
Could you see a baby girl in here?
She's two going on thirty-two so I thought I should create a space worthy of her style and old soul.  Thankfully I've left plenty of space for One Baby & Two Baby and all the toys!
And there are lots of cozy corners for snuggling up to read books together.
Thoughts?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

23 comments:

  1. I am totally digging the idea of a super glam mixture for a little girl's room! You can totally see a little girl in a room like that. Of course she'd be wearing a pair of mommy's fab heels and a killer necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab as always- love the furry bench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love a good GLAM! It's fun to play with all your ideas for awhile since you have some time before you have to get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how fun! you get to have an adventure with her! what are those gorg pink napkins??or are they bed linens? love, whatever they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little bit grown-up. They are small for such a short time. I have 4 and 2yr old girls. They still like butterflies, stripes and polka dots, stars that glow in the dark and art work they created themselves. Now if this were a room for me on the other hand....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love it! I think it'll be great for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love it! I think it'll be great for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very grown up an very fun! Love the mix of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Especially the dollhouse. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the spool bed! So charming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Its all the things girls love, but just done in a more grown up way. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cute!! I could totally live in that big girls' room too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! Eclectic meets little girl/sophisticated ...with a tiny, tiny touch of Alice & Wonderland. I'll take her room if she doesn't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Great idea to use pieces that could last for years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore it!! She deserves a big girl space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the big girl space!!! It's so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, and will be for years to come!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is this room for you or your daughter?!?! There's so much time to be a grown up...let her be a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this room! May I ask what those hot pink tea towel looking things are and where one would get there hands on those beauties? xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks very chic for your little chick! Would love to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh I LOVE this!!!
    Can def see a stylish little one in this space...love it so much, wish I had a little girl to glam her room haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the whole look of the dresser with the lamps and mirror!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk