JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Living Room Shelf Styling

August 31, 2012

I try to mention all the time how I awesome I think y'all are.  This whole blog community is full of creative and talented people and seems to be the one small corner of the world where we give encouragement and advice freely without judgement and without mean-spirited competition.

All of your comments and advice were thoughtful and helpful.
I am so excited to add in more elements of black and gold and leopard.
And I completely agree about a darker bolder color on back of the shelves.

So I shouldn't say I was all the surprised when a lovely reader sent me a few sweet emails yesterday regarding project living room zhush.  She played around with my bookshelves and sent me a virtual make-over that is spot on with where I'm headed.  I preach all the time about the benefits of a visual plan and a fresh perspective.  And this sweet girl just laid one at my doorstep.  Well, in-box, anyway.
I can't wait to implement this plan.  I think it's just what the rooms needs.
She has a pretty kick-ass blog called Orange Cashmere so go check it out if you haven't yet.


And now I leave you with a few of my favorite words of wisdom from pinterest this week.

 I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Love the leopard and black touches of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! She has some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, seems totally your style. I wish I could have bookcase shelving on either side of my fireplace, but one wall goes to the stairway, so it would kind of block that a little too much! :( Next house, definitely. www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet!!! thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'll have to check her blog out! Maybe she' be nice enough to do the same for my shelves when I move in;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, and yes to the black lamp shades! Good call. It's going to look great in there. And loving those good words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying that someone made this for you!!! This diagram is phenomenal. You have to get that leopard pillow! Oh and black lampshades would be so cool. I must follow this wonderful person who made this for you!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia! Your living room is so gorgeous to begin with, but I think some of the suggestions will really help to anchor the space (especially the black touches). Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and following along. YOU are one of my top sources for daily inspiration, so it really is an honour.
    xox Thanks for making my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both versions of your room. You can't go wrong:). Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love that Judy Garland quote and think that punch of leopard print will be so fun in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet blog friend! I love the plan she came up with and being able to see it all planned out makes all the difference. I cant wait to see your finished wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your living room looks fantastic! I do like the pops of black she added and the darker blue color for the backs of your shelves. It makes all your pretty stuff stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk