JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Snakeskin Blouses and Blazers

August 30, 2012

So I have a new favorite purchase.  This animal print blouse from Banana Republic.  
I bought it last week and I can't wait to have somewhere to wear it!
It reminds me of the J.Crew snakeskin blouse I've been lusting over all month.  And at $79 it's much more doable than the J.Crew version.  I just can't spend over $100 on a shirt anymore.  Especially one that I might wear around my kids.
What do you think?  Similar enough?

And of course I am completely smitten with blazers this fall.  It's such a classic staple I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one.  My top pick right now is this J.Crew crepe shawl blazer in vintage berry.  But I'm not sure for that price.  I might just need to stick with navy with that kind of investment.  Then again Pink really is a staple.  And I've never regretted my Pink Hunter Rain Boots.  I always choose them over my black pair because they're just so much more fun.  
Hmmmm....



Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those are similar! I have a hard time going over that price too. And, go with the pink. You're so great at putting outfits together you'll find a million different ways to wear it and get your money's worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both snakeskins!! Can't wait to see you in it!! Love. I could see it with a leather pencil skirt. And come on. Hot pink is always a staple. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blazer! It's gorgeous and I think I like the BR top even better than the J.Crew one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl that pink blazer is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! And I've been completely obsessed with the snakeskin covered shelves. I'm absolutely stealing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are ever going by Lynchburg VA there is a Jcrew clearance center - ask people around richmond - they will know about it. Its small, but has great stuff for super cheap - much better than the factory stores! I bet they would have blazers there in a month or two!
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/j-crew-clearance-center-lynchburg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a blazer sooo similar to that one from Zara about a year and a half ago...I wish they still had it so you could get it there. That color is so pretty! And I just love that snakeskin J. Crew shirt. Snakeskin can get cheesy so easily but both of these are really pretty! xoxo
    PS thanks for tweeting about the giveaway, woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love J. Crew but it's just so pricey! I'd wait for it to go on sale or get the Banana Republic top, just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get the pink. Like you, I always pick my pink boots over black. I'm sure the blazer will be no different!

    ReplyDelete
  10. got the blue one for 40% in store so thanks for the tip. they didnt have my size in the nude color which I think I like better but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Banana version better! Also second what someone else already said about the J.Crew clearance stores in Lynchburg. They often have things currently selling in the store for like $20.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that blazer too! It'll probably go on sale at some point and then you can justify it to yourself easier :) Plus it is a staple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love your new blouse! That pink blazer is pretty fabulous. I would like to add that to my wardrobe but think I will watch and see if it ever goes on sale. I adore almost everything in JCrew but my pocketbook doesn't. Oh, your pink boots sound fun! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually like the BR version better..I think it's much more chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gah -- that blazer!!!! hope your vacation is grand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk