JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Painted Rug Party Week Two: Striped Runner

September 27, 2012

 It's a Painted Rug Party, Y'all.

Today is supposed to be my progress disclosure for my rug project.  And yes, I actually do have progress to share, not much, but some.  Products purchased, project assembled, pictures taken.  
Basically I went to a local carpet store and bought a remnant that was already cut to the right dimensions and the closest to white I could find.  It's great quality.  I'm going to have it bound only after the painting happens.  Which will be going down freehand with some Rit Dye my loves.
Call me crazy, call me balsy, call me a carpet painter.
If you squint and pretend my hallway is already painted light grey like the stairwell (hint hint honey) and not light yellow, you can really see the resemblance to the picture above.
It's going to be bananas!
Wish me luck dolls!


And don't forget to check out the other participants to see what they've created this week.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. I am so curious about the dye. I think you are the only one going that route. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, so smart! I can't wait to see how the dye works. Fab my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. Great idea to find a remnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, was that the best luck ever to find one already the right size. I squinted, and yes, it looks exactly the same. You are smart not to get it bound until after the painting. Looking forward to hearing about the dye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love that you are going with the dye, can't wait to see and hear about it next week. Will your man be working on painting the hallway while you are painting carpet???!!!!
    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the remnant and the dye! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can clearly picture it and it will be fabulous ~ I'm sure hubby will feel the pressure knowing we'll all be hoping for the reveal with gray walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you sweet girl. And go you for not taking the easy way out and just hitting up dwell for the striped rug to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohh, i can't wait to see how this turns out! love the idea of the dye! looking forward to the reveal next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm interested to see how the dye works. Oh, and good idea not to get it bound until after you paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that rug! Great piece to replicate - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm so excited about this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I CANNOT wait to see how this looks!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I am skipping this challenge and just get to criticize everyone else...just kidding! I am sweating just thinking about how you are going to accomplish this task :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am itching to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see the results. Curious what did the reminant cost? If yours turns out well maybe I will do a runner for my hall. I might could handle stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I need to get my butt to a rug store and get a new rug for my bedroom already- my paint job rug is already so dirty- sad :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk