JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

The Mountains

October 5, 2012

Sooooooooooooooo ready for the weekend. You see my loves, I've been flying solo all week. Life is instantly harder when my husband is traveling. And I always feel like y'all would be the best listeners to my complaints but I just don't feel safe alerting the freaks out there that I'm home alone. I don't mention it on facebook either. You just never know.  Of course there's nothing wrong with talking about it once he's safely back in my zip code.
But I'm getting a little bit of R&R this weekend with some cool mountain air.  Matthew will be literally hopping out of his company car and into our car for the journey.  Just call him the traveling man.  My in-laws and great in-laws (is that what you call your husband's grandparents?) will be up there as well and it's always nice to have them hand to help with my babes.  I can't wait to sit myself down on an Adirondack chair overlooking our hilltop snuggled up in a cozy blanket with a glass of red wine in one hand and some pimento cheese in the other.  I might even get to read a book.
My coffee will be in a hand thrown pottery mug instead of my usual tervis tumbler for on the go and I'll eat homemade biscuits and local jam from the country store.
I like to remember that Matthew and I fell in love at the cabin.
Wells hasn't been since she's been old enough to actual do things like fish in the pond or make s'mores in the fire-pit.  She's going to love it.  And Tagg will get his first introduction to mountain life.
I can't wait to disconnect from the world for a few days and cherish this time with my little family.
*and just in case any of you freaks are reading we do have an alarm system as well as my sweet brother playing house sitter for the weekend*


 Also, don't forget to hop over and read my guest post on Tiffany's blog. You'll discover my favorite piece of furniture.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

20 comments:

  1. I love the mountains, so jealous! Have a great time with your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mountains! Perfect time of year to go--have fun! xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so fun - mountain getaways this time of year are fab! i know exactly what you mean about flying solo too - i've been on my own for the last three days - boo - can't wait till my main gets in tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so fabulous!!! I'm totally jealous. Enjoy yourselves! And, I'm so the same way about FB and my blog when my husband or both of us are traveling. We went on a couples trip and one couple kept uploading pics of all of us and our location to FB. My husband and I kept thinking, yep we're coming home to a cleaned out house for sure :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mountain weekend sounds fabulous. Enjoy it sweetie. You deserve after this week. And I always keep it mum if I'm alone (which is practically never thankfully) or the house is empty... Way too scary to mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia,
    This sounds heavenly. I love that quote. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend. Wear some flannel and big socks for me!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove the mountains as well...enjoy all those moments!

    xo,

    Kristi
    Simple Everyday Glamour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect weekend!! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need those socks. Heading over now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pics are making me first, want a mountain retreat of my own and secondly...want to stop working...build a fire outside...and snuggle up with a good book and a glass of wine! Have a lovely relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous! Your weekend away sound absolutely amazing. Have a wonderful time- you deserve it!!!

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a fabulous weekend in! Just found your blog via Tiffany and am now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia! Have a wonderful weekend in the mountains, how fun! Thanks again for guest posting, of course everyone loves your choice!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie, newest follower here! I found you from the fab Tiffany Leigh. I adore the blog layout and the great inspiration, looking forward to more. If you have a thing for fashion you may just like my classic looks meets on trend-edge sense of style. Follow along if it suits you.

    xo Carlina
    www.AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mountains sound divine! Enjoy Julia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a really really fun weekend! I'm planning on spending it at home with my boyfriend as well!

    Have a fabulous time,
    I've just discovered your blog, I'm following you :)

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A getaway weekend to the mountains sounds heavenly. Hope you are relaxing and having a wonderful time Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk