November 20, 2012

Dining Room Reveal

Not mine though.  I wish.  
My sister's house in Nashville is kick ass.  Let's face it, girl has great taste.  I've already shared her downstairs powder room and now let's take a look-see at her dining room.  And it most definitely does not disappoint!  I'm obsessed with the chandy.  What's your favorite part?

 Here on some images of the room while my sister was conceptualizing the final look.  They're not exactly big dramatic before shot's but they do show how we pulled the look together along the way.

Sources
Wall and Ceiling Colors - Restoration Hardware (Charcoal and Flint)
Floor - Slate
Dining Room Table and Chairs - Family Antique from Kentucky Farmhouse (seat cushions are a holdover from 2004)
Glass Knobs -- Oops, we need to remove these and hang the curtains a bit wider; that's a project for another day; used existing rods to save funds; not ideal but good enough for now)
Curtain Trim Fabric and custom table runners  - Quadrille - Brighton Magenta on Tint

Seamstress (Curtains and Table Runners) - Lisa Venable (she was amazing; fabric print went the other direction; chains are custom 2-3 pieces seamlessly sewn together per panel trim to achieve the chain look; all of that achieved (panels and runners) using only 3 yards of quadrille)

Concept Designer - Lori Parajanpe at Redo Your House (Inspired the Pink on Slate look as well as found the chandelier; room original had 2 ceiling fans, we removed them and replaced them with the chandelier)




28 comments:

  1. Wowza, phenomenal! I love how there's one central concept in the room, but without being overwhelming and theme-y! I'm not a mish-mashy decor type of girl so this is beautiful! And I'd personally be scared to do the magenta but it looks awesome. Pretty please take us on a tour of the rest of her house...asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those curtains are really awesome. I love the color palette too, modern but not totally predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Lawd. That is one stunning dining room. The chandy, for sure, is my favorite part of the room. What a statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dining is bomb!! Love that light so much. Great job, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chandelier. It looks great against the charcoal wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chandy is amaze!! And I love the curtains too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chandelier is SO much fun!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of color in the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a woman who's not afraid of a little pink! That Chandy is ridiculous! In a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's fantastic! boy does that chandelier kill it! really makes everything pop. thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whole space! Navy and pink is such a dreamy pairing. I think navy was a great choice with the flooring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this shows the impact of custom designed curtains ... they are not cheap ... but they MAKE the space! Well done Sis!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obsessed with the color combination! The berry color on the runner and curtains is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous!! The chandy is def my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so fun! Love the floor too..so unique for a dinning room

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love (!) the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO gorgeous! The fabrics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure do have one stylish sister! Love the pops of pink!

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com
    p.s enter my $50 PIXI beauty giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need you and your sister to come help me! Gorgeous space and I love the pink chandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful! love the floors and the polka dot chairs!

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That pink chandy is simply amazing!! And that S&L chair I love!!! well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice job! I particularly like the way she lined the drapes and her Mottahedeh plates. I have some Green Lace chargers and love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You and your sister have beautiful taste! Both of you are super talented. That chandelier is fun in the pink...makes such a great statement in her room. I love navy and pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The drapery panels are amazing! I just love how she used the patterned fabric as the boarder, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Looks incredible! That chandelier is gorgeous! Thanks so much for the link love :)

    xo,

    Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so gorgeous! sorry I was late to the party, must have been sick this day cause I most def would have commented! I love it all!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!