January 17, 2013

Modern Traditional Family Room

It's Thursday and it's still freaking raining.  I'm going to lose my mind if I can't get outside to run my children.  Well, one of them at least.  Tagg still isn't standing on his own but he is a wiggly little piggly in his bed all night.  And his little legs are getting stronger by the day.  We're working hard on it around the clock and he's making improvements with the help of our amazing therapist we see on Thursdays.  That, combined with an overzealous mother bribing him with marshmallows and the iPad on the other days.

On a fluffier note, thanks for the encouraging words on the gray sofa slipcover front.  
Me thinks it's a winner.

I went ahead and whipped up a little mood board to help y'all visualize what I'm thinking.  This couch is taking my playroom/family room plans to a whole new level.  It's traditional with a young modern twist.  Not too mom's house stuffy and not too my first house melange.

I'm a fan.

You know who else is fan?  Matthew.  He's given me the blessing to scrap the slipcover idea and buy a new couch instead.  And in exchange I gifted him with antlers on the wall.  I'm thinking more modern eclectic than prize taxidermy but we'll let those details work themselves out after my sofa is delivered.

Which, conincidently won't be for another few months.  For starters, I want to make a good solid and well thought out decision and with Wells and Tagg slinging cheerios from their respective sides of a double stroller I don't see too many welcomed trips to furniture stores in my near future.  

And second, I have absolutely no idea where this couch is going to go.  No really.  We'll chat more about that later but I'm thinking this family room might also double as our living room in the next few months so old furniture must be disposed of properly and proper square footage must be taken into account.  Blah Blah Blah.  She could easily transform herself into a sectional.  Mark my words my lady friends.  A sectional she may be.
Thoughts?

26 comments:

  1. ooo, I love that whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la - beautiful. Really love that shocking pink coffee table

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rug!! Where can I find it at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm love this mood board so perfect!! Love the rugs and neon table too. I am dying for a new couch, so jealous you get one!! However after our teetee accident last week I guess I am relived ours is ratty, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those chairs, they are super comfy and look really nice!! Love the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl this looks insane good!!! Those chairs are arriving to my house Tuesday next week....ekkk so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I love all the colors and patterns! Go for the sectional! You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it...especially the coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rug. Can you share the source?

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the sofa, and the one-cushion factor. Where is this from? I can't stand the lumpy cracks some sofas make with 3+ seating cushions.

    This room will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this room, especially the coffee table! Could you pretty please let me in on your source?

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you reveal the source for the chests on each side of the sofa? I'm crossing my fingers that they are affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. is that the crate and barrel tailor sofa? it is on my list to look at for my next place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm? Not a move but maybe baby # 3???? Family room is going to have to transform to another bedroom???? Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OBSESSED! Love the little pops of pink! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful Julia. I can totally see how your style is changing, it's fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just had the same dilemma...ended up ordering from pottery barn...comfort series!! LOVE the board! Esp, the pillows and rug.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE! Even the deer head! You're crazy talented!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! We recently bought a custom sofa from Bassett Furniture and I have been SO happy with it. The fabric is scotch guarded and spill-proof for kiddos, and they have great fabric choices. I even was able to get the cushions tipped in a separate color and love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sectional- yes. Modern, low back, squared shape ect. Not faux suede, not high back, not reclining, no cup holders betwixt seating...We looked at some great sectionals a while back for the playroom. Didn't purchase, yet. But the term sectional does not have to mean "center piece of my double wide's livingroom." Problem is, thats how most people use them. You can fix that though, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing! I can't decide what my favorite part is -- I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so much goodness here! and that rug...ahhh! i have been craving a hit of neon (or close to it ) somewhere and i think it needs to happen. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like everything except for the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the chests of the sofa. I have been looking for something like that. Could you tell me where they are from or who the maker is please? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Loves, let's chat!