February 8, 2013

Life Lately

I just want to take a minute to thank y'all for your continued support and encouragement.  We've had a few little set-backs this week followed by one giant leap forward.  

There is still no official word on the house we want.  The couple who owns the home is getting divorced so its a court forced sale.  One of the attorneys involved died the day after we submitted an offer.  Because we put in several contingencies we have to wait for the courts and not the attorneys or home owners to produce an official acceptance or counter.  Seriously?  In the meantime, we've been house hunting with little success. 

Tagg had an unexpected allergic reaction to strawberries on Monday resulting in hives and blistering and ending in a guarantee that I will never again leave the house without benedryl.  Not exactly what you want to see in your rear view mirror while sitting in traffic.  We're going back to the allergist for further testing in a few weeks.  I don't want any more surprises.

But all of that is just small fries because TAGG PULLED HIMSELF UP.  Several times now.  He started off sitting on the floor or in his crib and ended up STANDING.  All by himself.  Granted, he has to use something like the edge of his crib or a chair or an ottoman to hoist his little body and steady himself.  But still.  This is huge.  This was a very specific milestone that we've been specifically praying for.  Meeting this milestone has been months in the making and is such a huge step for him.  Celebrations are in order!

Thank you all for keeping it real on here with me along with all the fun stuff like leopard flats and slip-covered sofas.  This life of mine is real and that's what it's all about.
Link Love

Please tell me your in love with Bailey's home renovation as much as me.  I die over her masculine bathroom and kitchen island.

And how pretty is my friend Chassity's breakfast nook?  That banquette table setting is bananas..

I'm in totally in LOVE with my girl Gaby's Valentine's tutorials.

I'm definitely going to try out Camille's Beachy Waves Tutorial this weekend.  The last step where you re-curl the crown might just be the thing I've been missing.

And thanks to Bryn for pinning an awesome alternative to the typical ikea expedit for toy storage?

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Soon you won't be able to keep up with Tagg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the house situation and what wonderful news about sweet little Tagg! Yay little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow craziness with the house situation, I hope it all works out for you and yayyyy for Tagg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Go Tagg! I knew he would do it! What a huge step! and all the house stuff will work out. Do you have a curling iron you recommend? I am on the hunt for a good one now that I am trying out this middle part. Have a great weekend sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tagg is such a little champion. One day at a time. Crazy about that divorced house drama? What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't mention you were sitting in traffic!!

    Thanks for including my linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and Tagg! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for Tagg! Though I'm sorry to hear about the allergies :(
    Thanks so much for including me here! I also looooooved that house tour from Bailey, insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Tagg! All of your mama's blog friends are rooting for you! Good luck on the house stuff, Julia. Off to check out your fun linkies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go,Tagg, go!!! Hope everything with the house works out as it should:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY FOR TAGG!!!!! So happy to hear he reached that big milestone. Parenthood is not for wimps, that is for sure.
    The house issue will work itself out - it's just so hard waiting around isn't it? Waiting to find out where your next adventure will take place? But exciting nonetheless. Happy weekend with your little puller-upper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a regular reader but have never commented before - it's fun to read about your days - a reminder to me how fast it goes as my girls are 10 and 14 but seems like yesterday when I was dealing with the juggling of wee ones and all the worries that come along......My oldest has MANY food allergies including ALL nuts and seeds. Those early days of fighting eczema, the hives, swelling etc...were scary but at 14 is doing beautifully and managing it all on her own! I will never forget what a 'more experienced' mom told me when my girls were little, "the days seem long but the years are short" - truer words were never spoken! As I prepare to send my oldest to high school next year, I wonder, 'how did I get here so quick?".
    Congrats on Tagg's milestone!
    xo~Jill {forevercottage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay that's so wonderful that Tagg pulled himself up :-) I'm sure he will be crawling and walking sooner than you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!! You must be so thrilled/relieved. Children really do move at their own pace but I understand your concern. Only good things to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! That's awesome! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How excruciating is buying a house?! I feel ya, we waiting 7 months to get in ours. It will all be worth it in the end. YAY for Tagg!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't that always the way it seems to go? 2 steps back, 1 step forward....

    Keep focusing on the positive (taking my own advice here too....even when it's hard), and we'll all get to our goals!

    Rooting on Tagg from California! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go Tagg, Go Tagg, Go Go Go Tagg! Can you hear me singing that tune?! Ha ha! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way to go Tagg!! That's wonderful news mamma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Standing ovation over here for tagg's standing! That is huge! Prayers do get answered! Yah for you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prayers being sent for you to find the RIGHT house ... and way to go Tagg ... you just keep it real and we will be behind you cheering you on! That's what we all need ... a reminder the life is precious and the REAL part is the most important!! Didn't find any good bargain cheetah or leopard rugs ... :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah TAGG! I am really rooting for him over here, and sending prayers your way to that darling boy and your family.
    Can't believe the drama in the house hunt, poor guys, I hope something just becomes perfect and meant to be! and for god's sake you need something easy to happen and not be so hard! You are amazing Julia, and I am so proud of you for being strong. Have a good weekend and I hope no more allergy attacks!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! So glad to hear about your son's progress! Good luck with the house stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!