JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Seeing Stripes

February 22, 2013

Okay, okay.  Enough with the cold rain and sleet.  I'm ready for Spring.  Officially.  Which means I'm officially ready to pull out my nautical wear and pretend that I still live minutes from the beach.  Who's with me?

I actually tried this one on in person last week in tan and white and I was in love.  It was a medium and it was too small so I recommend ordering at least a size or two up.  I'm usually a small and can even squeeze into an extra small often with tops.  But it's lightweight and the perfect little add on for Spring.  I'd use it mostly to add an extra layer of fab to a plain-ish outfit and hide my white arms.
I'm obsessed with the cutouts on the side and the way the stripes are angeled to be super flattering.



Iris & Ink Striped Cashmere Sweater

***
And as always, a little bit of wisdom to leave you thinking...

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. I would wear that tankini in a NY min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stripes, and I love that j.crew tee hmmm.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I have wanted that Rachel Pally dress for a year now. I love it but the cut-outs concern me- is it too much for a mommy to wear? I have considered buying it for a awhile now and I wish you still lived 5 mins from the beach. Please plan a long weekend trip here once its warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved nautical stripes and always will. I can't wait to get into it bigtime, although I've worn heavier weight navy and white all winter.. I am SOOOO ready for spring.. This grey-ness is depressing! Love that Asos dress!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get enough of navy stripes. MMM! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the lookout for a navy and white striped maxi. I wore the heck out of my maternity one last summer. Who would have thought I'd miss a maternity dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not wait until its time to wear these fab things. C'mon warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those stripes! I am ready for warm weather, too! Woke up to sleet today and I am O-V-E-R it.
    Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I cannot wait for spring too...love those stripes! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok for serious? that asos dress is TDF. i hope someone i know buys it (hint hint) and shows us pics of it! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES. A nautical tee is such a classic spring time staple! You have me craving sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' the stripes and white and navy! Ready for summer-scratch that- an above freezing temp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, the weather in DC has been miserable. What I'd give to just see 60 degrees... Love all the nautical stripes! I purchased a BR navy and white stripe silk skirt you featured a while back. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Rachel Pally dress is adorable, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stripes are my absolute favorite! I just ordered a striped bathing suit with flattering direction ( like maxi pictured) fingers crossed it fits;) I think it is safe to say you would like the fabrics in my house, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that Pim and Larkin top. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really gold world of

    warcraft
    impressed with buy gold to world of warcraft your writing skills and also with the buy world of warcraft gold

    layout on your weblog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk