JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Window Shopping Williams & Sherrill

February 26, 2013

One of my favorite hobbies has always been window shopping.  Just a quick pop in to a store for a quick look around.  It helps me feel inspired when you can see pretty things in person.  The tangible feel of walking around a space is so much better than just browsing pinterest for a good idea.  But with the addition of a double stroller into my life, and all that comes with that, those trips have been fewer and far between.  Mostly because the best boutiques and shops just can't accommodate them and I have to use my child free daytime hours wisely.  But yesterday I was on a mission for some fabric and I snapped a few quick pictures at one of my favorite fabric and design stores Williams & Sherrill.  I thought y'all might like the pretty and laid back vignettes as much as I did.

 So what do you think friends?  Do y'all like window shopping as much as I do?  I'm thinking this could be fun to do again if you're interested.  You could be my excuse to get my butt back into the local shops I've been ignoring lately.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. I love window shopping. I love to window shop and get inspired and then go to Homegoods or TJMAXX and find cheap alternatives! Dying over that velvet tufted couch- in my dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! This is way better than pinterest, plus you are showing me great places to go for my next trip to RVA! Hope you found your fabric, and enjoyed your day.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the window shopping! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar deterrent to grown-up shopping...a grabby three year old. I love seeing new shops with tempting goodies. I don't know where I would put it but that eagle table was kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that place! I live, literally, down the road from it and try to check it out every couple weeks. They have the best ideas, and I always feel so inspired after going there (and their fabrics are beautiful), but it makes me sad walking back into my own home! I want everything I see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am guaranteed one afternoon a month that I can do this very same thing and I look sooo forward to it. And I like that none of my favs can really accommodate strollers as it forces me to carve out some alone time. What every mamma needs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree!! I make myself get out ... sometimes I feel like I just don't have time. But it is worth every minute and allows my mind to get back into creative mode ... Thanks for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julia! I'm on my way to Richmond for work and have some free time this pm. What home stores like this are the best? Would you mind emailing me a few ideas Whitney.c.otto@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore window shopping, although it can make me a bit sad because I want everything I see. Williams and Sherril has some amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love window shopping! Even if I can't afford the goods, it's great for ideas I think! This shop reminds me of The Mercantile in Atlanta ( I posted pictures last week on my blog )

    ReplyDelete
  11. this place is amazing. i must visit next time i am in richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I love window shopping too. I think that's why I love the library. I get to go and browse and then come home with things and not have to take out my wallet. Win, win!

    Camila
    http://blog.effortless-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love window shopping! I agree it's super inspirational! I started loving it when my Mom would take me along when I was a little girl! Maybe when your little ones get a little older they'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also one of my favorite things to do....but the whole time i think "you can get that at______ for so much less" or "I can definitely DIY that" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!!!!!!!! I like the way you window shop!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. window shopping? Yes, buying =even more lol .... this shop looks great! :)

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore window shopping! I always have, but especially in these days of everything online, I love going in a store and just browsing. Ha- also as a mother of an (adorable, but wiggly) toddler, browsing alone is even more heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk