JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Friday Friday

March 1, 2013

I, for one, am so thankful it's Friday.  We're headed out to the farm tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to let Wells run wild and chase chickens.  Tagg might not be able to run after them just yet but I have a feeling he's going to give them a run for their money as well.  He's sidestepping it up lately!

But in bigger news, it's a really BIG day today.
Happy Birthday Day to my newest nephew.  My sister is scheduled for a repeat c-section this morning and I'm sitting on pins and needles by the phone waiting for the big announcement text that he's here.  Please pray with me today for a safe and easy delivery for my sister and her son.

I know y'all have been on this house hunting journey along with me and I just wanted to give y'all a short update.  We finally heard back from both parties on the seller's side and they accepted our contract...with a few contingencies crossed out.  One of which could be a deal breaker for us.  We resubmitted a new offer yesterday and presented it as best and final.  

We're prepared to walk away.

We are prepared to walk towards God's plan for us where ever that may lie.  Are y'all as ready for me to just find a house already and quit talking about it as I am?  Do you want more dirt on the process?  Is something you want me to share more of or less?
I know it's Friday and you might not bother to comment but those of you that do will get your votes counted twice I guess.



_________________________________________________________

LINK LOVE
I love this simple little project that turned into the prettiest wall vignette on GREY and Scout.

I absolutely agree with Bailey's advice on house renovating.  It's really sound advice even though it goes against what we're told on HGTV.

We're planning a family date to Shynigz tonight so I can eat another giant slice of Banana Cake and introduce the babes to the goodness.  Matthew plans to get the Salted Chocolate Caramel again.

I also plan on trying out this Balsamic Green Bean Salad recipe to take with us to the farm tomorrow.  Sounds delicious.

I've been paying close attention to Emily's series, Working With What You Have Series.  I know this will be good information for me in a few weeks.

My girl Lindsay B.'s bar cabinet transformation is a great way to show off your booze.

Gaby's awesome ikea hemnes dresser hack. It's too elegant of a make-over to call a hack.  Just check it out, the hardware alone is worth the click over.


_________________________________________________________

And don't forget today is the last day to take an extra 25% off at Kate Spade with code SAVE25! 

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

26 comments:

  1. Please keep us in the loop! Love the whole house hunting process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house hunting process!! Keep us up to date!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers the house works out, been thinking about you! and yay for your sister, praying she has an easy and quick delivery!! I guess that means my sister is next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house hunting info is interesting. Too bad you can't post photos that we could all ooh and ahh over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I am happy to post photos of all the houses we've rejected but I'm not sure they are much to oohh and ahh over. More like oh and eh. I'm too selfish to post the house we like for fear someone might buy them from under us ;)

      Delete
  5. We went through a stressful house contract process last year (we have it, we don't have it, we have it, we don't have it....) and as heart-broken as I was to lose that house...things really do work out. I didn't think we could find a better house -- but we ended up in the perfect house for us and were able to customize to our taste. :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! This deal keeps ending and then coming back to life which makes me think it's meant to be, but maybe it's like the bad boyfriend that you keep breaking up with for a reason and we need to just WALK AWAY! The ball is back in their court and they have until Monday to decide...ahhh!!!

      Delete
  6. Definitely love hearing about the house hunting process. I'm always drawn to more personal posts by bloggers:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outlook through this entire process. It's so positive that it makes it interesting to hear about the house hunting process. Oh course I'm excited for y'all to find a house so we can follow you on your decorating journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crossing fingers and hoping you close that deal! Thanks for the link love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing about your house hunting. We are about to begin that process as well, and you have such a great attitude about it all. Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house info is interesting. After buying our first house, I've determined we are NEVER moving. That was hands down the most difficult, convoluted process I've ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the house info! We are actually under contract in goochland right now and have had a lot of back and forth also. We have to do a big renovation to the property so we have a lot of variables to determine before closing. It always nice to have other perspectives. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hearing other's stories about house hunting! Keep at it, plus this can be a good place to vent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, yay new nephew!!!!
    Second, I love reading about house updates, so exciting!
    Third , the white & gold dresser with the gold tipped legs, gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck to your sister and future soon to be nephew. The house will work out exactly like it should.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be praying all goes well on the arrival of your nephew and on the house! I'm a fan of hearing the house updates for sure. Especially since we're dealing with similar stuff right now. Looks like I'm going to be stuck breast feeding in the car again today :( It always seems to work out that showings happen when it's time for Sam to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cake cafe sounds divine! So much fun too. I love some yummy came but need less calories after a week of eating out every meal. You will find the house that is perfect for your family. We walked away on the house we live in now over $5000. Yep, just 5! Less than 24 hours later, the sellers agent called with news that we had a deal. Purchasing a house becomes so emotional and that gets tricky. Hope you hear before Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog and we are excited to follow! Happy Weekend!

    -Lindsey & Amanda
    Oh Buoy Boston

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy hearing about the house search and wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with everyone else and also love hearing house hunting updates!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love hearing about the house hunting... And what was the deal breaker for you?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to hear the house hunting details...where, what, etc!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love hearing about the process and wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk