JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

House Tour: 500 sq ft apartment

March 26, 2013

 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I seriously appreciate so much all of you who took the time to complete the survey yesterday.  Just under four hundred over five hundred of you filled it out, with almost half of that coming back to comment.  It blows me away.  We'll chat more about it later this week once I go over it a bit more thoroughly.  This morning I have a boy who is very interested in snuggling and kissing on his mama and a happy girl who just wants to play.  I'm going to go indulge them.
_______________________________________________

Sometimes there comes along a house tour that blows me away.  The 500 sq.ft. San Francisco home featured on A Cup of Jo is home to blogger Jordan Ferney and her husband and two sons.  It does just that.  She got her uber-stylish friend Jamie Meares to help frubish it up so you knew it was going to be a stand out.  
It's simple and stylish and small as hell but manages to fit all the collected and well-loved personal items that make a house a home.  I'm in awe.  We downsized in square footage when we made the move from Pawleys to Richmond and it's refreshing to see someone else working with a narrow older home.  With a galley kitchen even smaller than ours and a perfectly fine but completely un-renovated bathroom she still manages to make it fabulous and fun.  Doesn't it make you feel better to see someone else who acutally keeps coats on their coat hooks and shoves as many toys as possible onto the bookshelves in their kids rooms?  Such a breathe of fresh air.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this! That couch with all those pillows just lovely. 500 square feet with two kids?? But the way it is decorated makes it seem so open and so much bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it too. It feels so much bigger than just 500 sq ft. I love small, older houses because there is so much more to them than it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. We have two kids and a 90 lb dog in 1000 sq feet with one bathroom, and I complain about that. I try to be creative with our space, and this only encourages/inspires me to do more! Everything is so fresh and normal and looks lived-in. I realize that we look at decorating blogs and magazines for a reason, but I'm kind of over that perfectly manicured look and am relieved to see beautiful, lived-in spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great tour! I am in love with small spaces. A lot of people look at living in a small space as a problem, but I think it makes you really look at your surroundings and make them fit your life. They have everything they need right there. xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to them! My husband and I used to share 900 sq ft, and almost killed each other... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW so much style packed into such a small space! Love their pretty little garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this apartment. It's so functional and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this apartment is perfection! it's so awesome they have made their space livable and functional for a family of four.

    i love when creativity does wonders and this gives me confidence in living in a tiny big city apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! It's amazing how the photographs and design make it look so much bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes super-talented decorators to conquer living in a 500 sq ft space with TWO little boys! WOW! This place looks awesome! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..loved this...especially the kids room...its so colorful and spacious..:)
    kiddicare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk