JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart & UPDATE

March 28, 2013


Trust in the lord with all your heart.  Proverbs 3:5

We're headed to Pediatric Orthopedics this afternoon to check on Tagg's hip.  Apparently he's got too much swagger in his walk*.  He leads with his right foot and his left leg turns out and drags behind just like any gentleman with swagger might.  We just want to make sure it's being caused by AWESOMENESS and not an underlying problem.  Story of his little life, right.  An underlying problem.  We've been battling through those words for fourteen months.  I'm trusting in God that it's once again no big deal.  Will keep you posted too.

*By walk I mean the steps he takes while holding onto a push toy or two hands gripped to an adult to keep him steady.  He can't stand on his own and hasn't taken any steps on his own yet and isn't "walking".  But you know around here we like to celebrate all the little things and he is a stepping around machine.  Except when he gives up and gives us spaghetti legs.  Which is quite often.  He has less than a week to go before he's officially late on the big walking milestone.  We're not going to sweat it when next Thursday rolls around with no changes.  We all learn to walk in our own time.  Literally.

______________________________________________________________________

UPDATE

 So Tagg's hips and feet looked clean and perfect! 

The explanation for his wide stance (think second position in ballet)?  Natural athleticism.  The swagger in his step?  Just that.  We all dance to the tune of our own drums.  Tagg just has better rhythm. 
The doctor felt like 15 months was too soon to call him late on walking (developmental milestones are highly debated across different specialties in the medical field) and that no action needed to be taken for at least another three months.  If Tagg is not walking and still displaying a rolling foot (or feet) we will consider doing braces on his legs to help his gain some added stability and balance to take those first few steps.



Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

27 comments:

  1. Be proud of yourself! Too many people ignore little idiosyncrasies like this, assumng it is part of the process. Which it may be, in this case! Our son learned to walk on his toes, and we happily ignored it. He will be 10 in May and we fight it every day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you guys. Sweet little Tagg. Hope the appointment goes well. I think your attitude towards this is SO optimistic and encouraging. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a relief when I realize that I am not in control, and give things up to God. I can be such a control freak, so it's so hard just to relax and trust, but once I do it's such a wonderful release. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job in letting go and trusting! I'll be thinking of Tagg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So tough to be a Mommy sometimes, isn't it? Glad you are trying to stay positive. Good luck and many thoughts and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one steel magnolia mama. Stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and that precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will keep y'all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't nothing wrong with a swagger but keeping ya'll in my prayers that it is nothing major!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep us updated! Praying for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you & that handsome little stud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that everything is okay! I'm sure he just has some mad swagger :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and your family! Hope your appointment goes and well and that you get some answers:) Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such good news for you and your sweet family! Love his swagger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen!!! Prayers!! My #1 didn't walk until 2 days before her 18 month appt... ;) wanted us to sweat a little... Love that he has swagger...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to hear about Tagg's great report! I can't help but picture Will Smith & Carlton dancing to Tom Jones , it's not unusual ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great news..:)
    M very happy to hear this

    Android Developer

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's wonderful news! And I'm of course no expert, but am in playgroup with 13 other moms (yes, it's a crazy big group and these ladies are my lifesavers!!!), and all of the kids walked at totally different ages-my LO was 14+ months, my good friend's daughter was 17+ months-and now they're all RUNNERS! I am so glad they're looking down different avenues though, just for peace of mind. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!!! I mean he's doing just fine taking his time :) You know Lilly didn't walk til 16 months. Everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My second didn't walk until she was 15 or 16 months and she is fine!!! I was worried because my first walked right around 12 months, but turns out she just wasn't ready... In my experience the second is never on course with the first. Fret not, I'm sure he is just asserting his personality and saying "I'll do it my way".

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay so happy to hear about the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. God love you all. I know you are going through trials and heartaches and I wish we could help, but youre right, you have to give it up to your faith, and you are doing just that. I am so glad he is structurally correct! and that you are on top of it! It'll happen and maybe he is just wanting to be unique :)
    xoxox Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julia, this is wonderful news. I want yu to know that my mother said that my older sister didn't walk till she was about two. It's not that she couldn't walk, it's that she didn't want to walk. Mama took her tto a birthday party, and all the other children were walking. So she decided she was ready and just walked. She was one of the brightest children in her class, so bright in fact that she skipped a grade in elementary school along with a friend who ended up being a Rhodes Scholar. And my sister was not only smart but very beautiful.

    So see, there is hope for your precious little boy. I'm believing that for you and believing that he will have a very happy life and a productive one. Watch him end up being a famous athlete. Maybe even an Olympian!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk