JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Yummy Tummy

March 28, 2013

 via

This recipe for Asian Style Brown Rice Salad looks absolutely delicious and I plan to try it out later this week.  

Lunches are so hard.  I tend to eat leftovers from dinner the night before or just snack on the kids cheerios, grapes, and green beans.  I was in a great habit a while back and ate a giant salad every day for lunch but I lost momentum.  What do you eat for lunch every day?
______________________________________________________________


And don't forget about dessert!  This Gluten Free Vega Apple Tart will definitely be making an appearance in our house as well.  Do you have allergies you're working around at your house or are you gluten-free?  I think it's nice to have a few recipes on hand for entertaining with guests who may have dietary restrictions as well.  And who doesn't love apple pie?  Doesn't even count as dessert.   Reallly!
 ______________________________________________________________

Don't worry, by popular demand, I'll be back with my weekly meal planning next week.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. Can I come over and eat that Asian salad with you? Then we can drink wine and bake up that pie...whatcha say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad does look delicious, Julia! I eat sandwiches or cheese with crackers for lunch if there are no leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Asian Salad looks amaze. I have kind of been of salads for lunch too. This week I made Tabbouleh that I ate with Hummus and Pita chips pretty good. and I sautee kale alot with white beans in olive oil and balsamic vinegar that is my go to lunch as of lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks yummy! My lunches are a joke! If nobody saw you eat it, it doesn't count right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That salad looks right up my alley! Yum. I tend to eat leftovers or soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dread getting lunch ready everyday because I feel like I should be 'mixing it up' but we tend to eat the same stuff every day. Turkey sandwich and an apple and cheese stick. Yawn. Thanks for this recipe, it looks soo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get on salad kicks too...then I fizzle. Lately, I've been loving Boars Head turkey on a gluten-free spinach tortilla with spinach, apples, avocado and havarti. I feel like it's salad, but I'm getting a little protein too. We put my daughter on a gluten-free diet at the New Year; I decided to do it with her. It's really hard sometimes, but it's getting easier. I FEEL healthier, but I think it's because it's forced me to eat more whole foods and veggies. Thinking about doing a blog post about it...hmm, maybe this is the impetus I need!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I either eat a ceasar salad or I eat carrots and pita with hummus and some fruit. I try to stay healthy but it is an ongoing fight not to finish Madison's snacks when she doesn't finish them herself haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really good and I agree lunches are hard. If I don't plan I'm screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you! I am so sick of my throw together lunches. That salad is perfect. I have been gluten free for about 2 months. I was in Dunkin Donuts the other day, and asked if they had gluten free donuts (total sarcasm I though) they are testing them now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to make a big quiche or pot of soup every week, then have that with a simple green salad every day for lunch. I am boring and can eat the same thing everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! That salad is most definitely making an appearance on our dinner menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rice looks amazing! I usually have the energy to make me some good lunch, is the dinner that I just can't be bothered...I always have simple stuff for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mouth was watering when i first saw your pictures...:)

    kiddicare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk