JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Top Five Healthy Side Dishes

April 30, 2013


_______________________________________________________________

If you're like me you can grill or bake a piece of chicken with some sauce with your eyes closed.  It's choosing what to pair it with that's hard.  Most everything I find on pinterest is full of ooey-gooey cheesey goodness. And while I'm all for that type of food sometimes, let's face it, I try to be healthier most of the time.  Now that half our family is allergic to just about everything I'm forced to go healthy and fresh even more often.  But that's a great thing.  And it's farmers market season.  And almost swimsuit season. So I thought y'all might appreciate a few of my favorite sides that go perfect with grilled fish or grilled chicken.  The last three can even be prepared in bigger batches ahead of time.  
_______________________________________________________________

And thank you thank you thank for your sweet words about our precious house yesterday.  We are truly feeling so blessed and excited about this next chapter of our life.  And yes, that yard is amazing.  If you were all local I'd invite you over asap for drinks on the back deck to help me celebrate moving in.

So quick question, do you want to see more of it right away or keep on slowly dolling out posts so you don't get bored with it?  Like a photo-heavy house tour or individual room posts with our to-do lists? 

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

25 comments:

  1. I vote on individual room shots with to-do lists so we don't get overwhelmed and it will keep us all coming back for more! So happy for you sweetie!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrower.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look and sound delish Julia!
    PS I am having A Paris Book Giveaway!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also vote for individual rooms. Spread out the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for individual room posts too. That yard is awesome and I sure your kids are really going to love it as they grow.
    Those green beans look so good. I'll have to make that soon as I am back on my super restrictive diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes spread out the fun!!! I need to know whats going on with this fabulous house at all times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm these all look so good. I'm definitely going to try those cucumber slices xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for individual rooms also! If you need any advice on your yard, please let me know, I have a degree in horticulture and landscape design. Again congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new house! I vote to spread it out w/lots of details! I love details! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spread it :) And those carrots look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those sesame green beans look delish

    ReplyDelete
  11. As long as I get to follow along, I don't mind how you do it. :) I'm just excited for the trip. And those carrots look amaze btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. keep the house details coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm.... I've never craved carrots until this exact moment. They look delicious. I'd say go for room by room with your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those carrots look delicious! I need to try that recipe out. Great post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great!!

    And CONGRATS on the house! I'm sure that is a huge burden off your shoulders. I want see it all now!! I just started following you on instagram for more pics of it! LOVE the tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. they all look yummy! would love to try those honey glazed carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! All of those look so good. I am a sucker for a cucumber salad. I kind of want to see it all now. But I am impatient like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am like Natalie. I want to see it ALL! That is just selfish/impatient me talking. I am really loving all of your meal planning ideas. I hate cooking and I am finding it really inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to see your plans for individual rooms! Having bought a 1970's house last year, I totally understand the updating with lots of paint method. We have made very few other changes, but painting everything (including ALL of the natural wood interior trim) has made a huge difference. Congrats on the answer to your prayers... it looks gorgeous from the outside and I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those carrots look incredible, I need to learn how to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yum! I am always trying to think of delicious sides- these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. However you feel like rolling it out is just fine ... I do find that my brain only wraps around little bits at a time, but I know you'll make it fun! Love the healthy side ideas as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk