JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House Progress: The Kitchen

June 27, 2013


 Well you can see that not much progress has been made in the kitchen.  We're still debating a wall color.  Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter and Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray are topping the list.  The darker steel gray color you see is what we found underneath the striped wallpaper.  We both really like that color as well but I'm not sure I want a whole wall of dark gray on the opposite wall with no cabinets.
 Matthew likes the idea of keeping the walls white.  The adjoining hallway is going to remain white.  It leads into the family room which has been painted completely white as well.  The brick wall is going to remain white like the cabinets as well.
If we go that route it might be fun to do chalkboard paint on the back splash wall.  Eventually we'd like to add white subway tile but this could be a fun quick fix.
We also need to choose a light fixture and pulls for the cabinets.  We've ordered a range hood that should be arriving any day.  We'd also like to build a more substantial island.

I've been having a lot of fun with accessories though!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

26 comments:

  1. Love how open your kitchen is, what a great space. I love Revere Pewter just bought it for our den, I need to get on it and paint! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your runners! Would you mind sharing the source?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Although unfortunately they were a Homegoods find from over a year ago so I'm not sure how to find them again.

      Delete
  3. Wow, just taking down that paper is a huge improvement! I love the clean look and the idea of a very light gray wall. It's so spacious in there! Hope the humidity clears out!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute kitchen! I wish mine was white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much potential. You will make it beautiful! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The minor things you've done have already made a huge impact! I love the brick and the rugs, where are they from? We painted our living room in BM Revere Pewter and we love it. It's light, airy and depending on the way the light hits it ranges from a light gray to a light, light blue. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found them at Homegoods last year so sadly I'm not sure where to find them again.

      Delete
  7. Julia it's beautiful. So happy for you. It's large and in charge and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The runners really are perfect!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kitchen! Love the brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the classic black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the exposed brick -- amazing! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. brick in the kitchen = amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of a chalkboard paint backsplash as a temporary solution. That would be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you on the island- I think you could get away with a more substantial island! I am obsessing over the exposed white brick, it's gorgeous!!

    xo

    www.simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love white kitchens so I agree with all of the white! the chalkboard paint sounds like a great quick fix

    www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks fantastic. You have the space for a huge island. I know you are loving your home, it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's looking great! And with your additions is going to look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks great! If you are back in the RVA my husband is a kitchen designer if you need an island!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous! I love the white cabinets with black counters - so clean and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your kitchen. So big and spacious. And I like the white with maybe a chalkboard backsplash. A lantern would look fab over your island! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That painted brick wall is awesome Julia! I love the texture it brings into the room. Such a great room to work with, between the cabs, counters and floors - all such pretty bones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are doing bm revere pewter in the kitchen we are renovating - also white cabinets and hardwood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yall are doing a great job. we have benjamin revere pewter in our house and it's a great base color to build on! would look beautiful in your kitchen! love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where did you get the runners in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk