JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Play Room Inspiration

June 4, 2013



One thing I'm really excited about in our new house is a playroom.  We have a bona fide space dedicated to the kids and their toys all the time.  I'm really helping carving out a space just for them will help eliminate clutter from the rest of the house.  Help keep the mess contained, you know.  We'll see how well that works.

We're going to have to wait on it through summer because said playroom still has carpet tack strips lining the perimeter where a gnarly red carpet used to lay.  The flooring is a mixture of concrete and blue stone or slate which is really pretty and perfect for a porch or sun room but not so much for little toddling and crawling babes.  We'll probably need to install wall to wall carpet.  Oh, and the walls are all glass, like on three sides full floor to ceiling glass so we're going to have to save up for some insulated window treatments or drywall some of that in so we don't bake in the heat.  That's a pretty long list of pricey fixes but we'll get there one day.  Even without all those updates I know we'll be out there by fall.

The above images are some of my favorite play room spaces.  It's hard to choose a favorite.  Do you have a playroom or just keep a few toys in all the rooms?  What works for you to keep the chaos as bay?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

21 comments:

  1. I love those playrooms. Our family room is the playroom and there is well defined storage for toys. If there are more toys than can be put away something has to go so that everything has a spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great playroom ideas....and there are so many great resources these days to make a room like those cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love some of these rooms. We have a playroom and it is wonderful to just close the doors at night & not stress about the mess. But you have to keep an eye -- it can very quickly get out if control!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our playroom is our saving-grace!!You will love having a space for all there toys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those spaces are adorable! I don't have minis but I imagine a playroom is good for everyone's sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you do hot momma. It'll be gorgeous and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those spaces. We used our dining room as a playroom for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how airy all these are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that Vista Window film is a life saver for large, sun-exposed windows. They keep out the heat and the rays! We're looking into it for the front of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all, I was looking for ideas, thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! So happy you did a post on this! I am trying to design our playroom right now! These are great inspiration pictures. Love that dress up area!

    http://loveliveandbehappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your inspiration pics! The basement is our playroom mecca but I keep a few random boxes around the rest of the house for all those toys that seem to creep upstairs. Then once a week I empty the boxes back down in the playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo with the family and 4 chairs, it's so clean and simple. We had a playroom on the main floor in our former home (we closed over a week ago-mixed emotions!) and I only kept toys in that room. I can't stand having toys and clutter all over the house, and I only had books in my lil guy's bedroom, no toys. It worked really well for all of us and for playgroups. I've nixed several homes that we've toured bc there's no dedicated playroom space on the main floor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always round-up amazing interiors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a playroom growing up, but it definitely wasn't this cute!! Mostly My Little Ponies strewn across the floor ha. I would have died for the chalk wall and tepee!

    Corbin
    decor-eat

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these are stunning. I wish my kids' play room didn't also have to be my office! LOL. www.styleoyster.blogspot.com / www.thegymbunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these rooms! How is the house coming along? I hope it is going well, I want to see more pictures! Have fun and take the time you need to do it right. It will be gorgeous, with your good taste.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I dream of a playroom! We have a pretty tiny house, so I keep bins/baskets in almost every room to corral toys. They always seem to migrate from room to room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow so cool
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/home-products/toys/c-114/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots and lots of shelves is a must in a playroom...for books, baskets, and everything in between! Also a great way to teach them how to clean up after themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent Post !
    These pictures of home interiors and exteriors has inspired me to change my home interiors and exteriors .
    Your blog has inspired me to choose light color for the interiors .

    Thanks
    Mark Duin

    Inspirational Speaker

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk