JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Currently Obsessed: Guest Room

July 25, 2013


_________________________________________________________________

It may be this rainy morning or just the chaotic weekend we have planned, but I'm daydreaming about a calm and peaceful sleeping space today.  I'm loving this look for a guest bedroom.  Lots of layered texture in a neutral and serene palate.  I'm not going to lie, I'd like this to be my bedroom inspiration as well.  We are so far from a master retreat at our new house.  

Almost every single piece from our bedroom in our last house has been re-purposed in another room so we're starting with a blank slate again.  It's exciting.  I know it's going to take a good long while to get it where we want it.  Heck, it's going to be a long while before I beg Matthew to remove the wallpaper and paint in there.  We need new everything.  We're also saving up for a king sized bed which I'm really excited about.
What size bed do you have?  I used to think Kings were too big.  I liked the coziness of a queen.  I've been converted.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. I am all about a King bed. I say go for it. Your guest room looks super cozy. Kind of makes me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful bed. We currently have a queen and I also used to think king beds were excessive. When we start our family, though, I could see a king really coming in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we have a king bed and I have NEVER slept better! We recently slept on a full bed when we visited my parents and I didn't know how we were going to make it through the night... spoiled now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those candles are the best! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I long for the day that we convert to a king bed. Go king! You'll probably be sooo happy you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is so my kind of palette, so of course I love it all, great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. King size Tempurpedic. So worth it. Your guest room plan looks so cozy and inviting, it makes me think of a Napa Valley Bed & Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your inspiration board. And loving that bed. We just moved into a king size bed and have to say I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a King size bed in our master bedroom. It's perfect for those days when my son decided to sneak into our room in the middle of the night.

    Love that beautiful table lamp and stylish table, by the way.

    P/S: Come by and enter my current giveaway for a chance to win a $50 gift cert towards fun and colorful dinnerware and more!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2013/07/a-product-review-and-giveaway-coton.html

    Have a good day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. King beds are totally the way to go! We almost upgraded to a king, but we were moving and I didn't know how big our next place would be. I'm dying to upgrade at some point. It is just so luxurious :-) Love the room plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that lamp and chair!! We have a queen but definitely need a king - we have two snuggly little guys that love to sneak into bed with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/fashion/womens-clothing/swimwear-2013/c-125/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that bed. We have a queen, but I'd kill for a king. That way you can start off snuggling and then do the big roll over to your own zip code and get your sprawl on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bed and the overall palette, so soothing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk