JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House: Dining Room Plan

July 19, 2013


Gray Tufted Dining Chairs | Sourav Dining Table | Marsh Painting (my piece) | Bark Cadiz Racing StripeTable Runner | Juliska Berry & Thread Dishes | Juliska Stripe Bead Napkin Ring | Juliska Straw Charger | Hudson Valley Dillion 9 Light Chandelier | Classic Ginger Jars
________________________________________________________________
Matt is planning on finishing up in the dining room this weekend.  He still has three walls to go with the wallpaper removal.  It's the biggest pain in the ass possible.  I feel for him.  After the walls are stripped he's going to paint the walls in Classic Gray.
It's hard to see past the yuck in there right now but I'm already day dreaming about what direction I want the decor to go in.  I think something casual but elegant.  We'll be eating all our meals as a family in there so it can't be too fussy for everyday use.  I've had my eye on those chairs all summer but I still haven't pulled the trigger.  I'm also searching craigslist for a new table.  We've got nothing so far.  I can't wait to show y'all some progress this weekend so be sure to check it out on instagram.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. That light is amazing, and so is that piece of art you did my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a casual but elegant vibe for a dining room, think that's the key to ensure the room is used rather than a formal special occasion hall that gathers dust! How wonderful you plan to use the dining room nightly, that really creates a daily pause for sharing in the company and presence of family. Great southern coastal feel in your choices, hope you locate a table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. looks like a perfect plan! good for you for starting each room with a plan to execute over time.. That's the best way to shop as you well know. It's going to look sensational. Have a great weekend.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So light and bright! I love the simple neutral palette you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such great picks -- have never ordered from world market -- would love to know what you think of their quality???? but what a perfect plan you have put together....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved that piece of artwork of yours! I need one!! Loving World Market for reasonable pieces around the home with lil ones that, well, you get it. And Hobby Lobby has a great assortment of ginger jars, with your coupon of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything! That painting is one of my favorites. A classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm so no matter what you do, it's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cant wait to see! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! I love those chars too...they are such a great buy for the look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am currently obsessed with the marsh painting *sigh*. I have lived in sc all my life (and growing up in the low country) so I have a special connection with marshes...and swamps! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/fashion/womens-clothing/c-115/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I am reading these backwards:) Since you have now scored the awesome table and chairs....the rest of this awesome plan can now come together! And yes...the light fixture is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo, this room is going to look great!! I love those chairs...I have a similar set from Overstock and they've been great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOODNESS!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that marsh painting! When you say "my piece" do you mean you own it or that you actually painted it yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk