JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House: Dining Room Progress

July 24, 2013

Y'all.  There is an end in sight!  Poor Matt has seriously been slaving away around the clock for days now.  The wallpaper is officially GONE.  The first coat of primer has been applied.  I can't even believe the transformation.  I find it hard to believe that so many DIY bloggers act like this kind of transformation takes only a weekend and some elbow grease.  We have some serious man hours being used up over here.  But it's going to look amazing.  Hopefully it will look amazing in two days so I can start party prep.  Nothing like a deadline to keep the motivation up.
And a quick reminder of where we started.  Just some old mallard blue paint and wallpaper.  We had no idea what nonsense was lurking beneath.  Who would have thought this room would be so much trouble?
 And on a fun note, I picked up my first set of place mats for the new table in anticipation of the dining room's big unveiling later this week.  I found the linen buffalo print place mats on clearance at Sur La Table and I love the way they pair with my juliska thread and berry plates.  I'm debating having them monogrammed as well.










Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

23 comments:

  1. Peeling wallpaper is such a bitch. My sister and I tried to do it in our old house- it was everywhere but we finally had to give up and hire someone it was too much for us! Your house has such incredible bones, it is going to look great! and love the placemats they pair perfect with your china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I am so impressed with Matthew!!! Get it boy! This is so fun watching your house evolve, you have such amazing style missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate peeling wallpaper, yuck! I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go you guys, it's looking great! And I can't thank you enough for being so "real" throughout this entire process...I find it so frustrating to read about instant marble, lee industry couches, and schumacher fabric roman shades. Or to read about "what I wants" all.the.time, it gets old. It's so much interesting to read about awesome finds at thrift stores, estate sales, craigslist, etc. So a huge thank you for being so down to earth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wallpaper is a bia!! We removed grasscloth in two rooms, and it was completely stuck to the sheetrock. Took about 18 hours total. At least you are on the home stretch now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dishes! I am obsessed with your dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree- it is so refreshing to see that everyone does not get every desire of their heart before I can even read the post. Love your placemats!! My dining room is my next project- I need window wear, fabric for chairs, new lighting and a mirror. Hope you make your deadline. That's one of the best parts of a party is that it motivates you to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with those placemats...and of course the plates look gorgeous on them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really coming along! I love those new placemats you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a professional wallpaper taker offer. It's a biatch. Dining room is looking great, and I love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it ! DIY is hard work . No magic wand before & afters:( remember the white boards being painted ? We are on weekend # 4 & only about half finished) The end result is ALWAYS worth the effort, as long as it doesn't end in divorce😜

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much work, but such good bones! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I don't know if I've ever commented but I totally agree with the wallpaper statement. ahem, certain other Richmond DIY bloggers make it appear sooooo easy. Maybe they were just lucky but ours took forever!!!! It even ripped into the drywall and we had to skim coat lots of areas. It took me months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had that type of wallpaper fiasco when we moved into our home. It was also stuck to the sheetrock. I haven't wallpapered since. Newer wallpaper is easier to remove. Glad the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - it looks so much better already! Love the placemats with your china. Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/fashion/fashion-jewelry/c-126/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking amazing! So fresh and clean now and your not even done! I love working under a deadline! I do my best work then!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hah, bloggers lie ~ I've read so many that flat out fib about their lives and all, lying about removing wallpaper is small potatoes.

    Kepp up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to see the reveal and party pics! Love the dress you posted on IG for the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk