JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House Progress: Tagg's Nursery

July 3, 2013

Tagg's room is really starting to come together the way I want it.  I'm trying to transition it from baby room to toddler room now that he is officially 18 months old today!  It still has a long way too go.  He really needs a chair.  And window treatments.  But overall, I like the feel of it.  I like how clean and calm it feels without being too boring.  I'd like to hang something above his changing table but the wall has a slight pitch in it so anything that is hung would lean out from the wall.  I'll have to get creative there.  We took the doors of the closet in his room for safety reasons.  I can't handle slammed fingers.  I thought about doing some sort of fabric situation but honestly I'd never close it.  I just need to tidy up that area and keep it exposed.
If you're wondering where all the books and toys are, they're in his crib.  Boy likes to read and play before he falls asleep.  It's too cute.





Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. Love that highboy! What a great piece. A great room for a busy little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time commenter :) His room looks great! I had an idea for above his changing table . pottery barn kids has some cute airplane mobiles (some in color and some metal ones). You could hang those from the ceiling at different heights right there and it would give the wall a little visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time commenter :) His room looks great! I had an idea for above his changing table . pottery barn kids has some cute airplane mobiles (some in color and some metal ones). You could hang those from the ceiling at different heights right there and it would give the wall a little visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great , Julia! You are hard at work decorating, organizing and cooking. I should probably get off my iPad and do something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, and love!! You have some real talents mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the open play space and the open closet. I am not brave (or neat) enough for the open closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking really good! I love his dresser and the rug! I'm looking for a similar rug! I've enjoyed seeing all your home progress and update photos on Instagram :) Can't wait to see the whole thing!

    xo-Laura

    www.simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wishing I would have taken the doors off Izzy's closet when she was younger. Bifolds are THE WORST. I'm still in love with that elephant art over his crib :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, I love that rug! What a lucky little guy. My littlest is 18 months old also and it is hard to style her room right now - she's not a newborn, but not quite a big girl either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. I love the finish on the dresser!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a spacious room! Love Tagg!--that rug is gorg, too. Have a great 4th.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rug and crib! Where did you buy them? I'm currently planning the nursery for our little one (due around Thanksgiving) and have been looking for a crib just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am smitten with the dresser! You styled it beautifully and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk