JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Man Behind the Blog

August 21, 2013

-->
______________________________________________________________________

I know several other bloggers have turned the tables and featured the men behind the blogs.  I thought it would be fun to let Matthew take a turn.  I wanted to do a little interview Q&A with him but we both found it a lot harder to stay on track than anticipated.  So for today we decided to just start slow and share with you five things you don't know about him.

He's given me full permission to allow y'all to ask him questions as well and he promises to come back soon and answer them publicly.  So ask away.

 1.  I never wear socks.  I prefer loafers over any other shoe and wear them year round.  My mom made me wear socks when I got married.  To this day Julia and I still laugh at how weird I looked. I usually don't even bother to put on socks when I run.

2.  I love to cook.   And I'm really good at it.  I like the preparation and methodically create master lists and recipes.  I like prepping and diligently use a separate prep bowl for each ingredient.  I like getting my ingredients spread out before I begin cooking and thinking about what it's going to create.  The first time I went to Julia's apartment I was blown away by the awesome kitchen set-up.  One look at all that All-clad and Wusthof and I knew we were a match made in heaven.  And then she proceeded to open a can of chicken, yes, a can of chicken, and squeeze some Ranch dressing into a bowl and call it chicken salad.  Oh honey, you've come a long way.  My favorite thing to cook is shrimp and grits.

3.  I'm into lists.  And I like to write things down.  I use my Filofax for everything even when it's already entered in my iPhone.  I have more notepads than I care to think about.  I make lists for my lists.  I think its my type-A personality coming through.  I like to feel prepared and lists help with that.  I also have a Tupperware problem.  I buy and fill storage bins full of everything we might need for any given scenario.  Then I write a list with what's inside.  Then I write a list to see what bins I have.  I also like labels.  Maybe that should count as a separate entry.  It might also be interesting to add that Julia has a strong aversion to wasting paper products.  She thinks I abuse paper.  I admit it.

4.  I'm obsessed with an old Range Rover I bought a few years ago.  It belonged to former Governor of South Carolina Carrol Campbell and has 47,000 original miles.   It's a project car for sure, but I picture Tagg driving it around one day as his first car.  What's really weird is that I was trying to buy this car for months but there was a title problem preventing it from being sold.  Finally one morning I got the call that it was clear and that happened to be the first morning of Wells' life.  I like to think it was divine intervention.  Maybe she should get the car.

5. I breathe hunting and fishing.  Call me cliche, I'm a southern man who likes to hunt and fish.  But honestly, I can't remember a time where I wasn't near the water or in a field.   I can't picture a more awesome hobby.  It's my down time.  When I'm not hunting or fishing I'm playing golf.  Or watching HGTV and Bravo.  No really.  I watch all the Real Housewives of wherever with Julia on the couch at night.  But I prefer HGTV.  Even though that channel is bogus.  I like to see what other people are doing.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

27 comments:

  1. Pretty sure my favorite part of this interview is finding out that you opened canned chicken... I didn't know canned chicken existed! Haha! Your hubby is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a natural blogger, Julia! I love loafers without socks too. That's a great story about the Range Rover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Great idea; it's intriguing to meet the other half...I'm tempted to do the same.

    Love the Range Rover story and that fact that he watches Bravo. Really???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww loved this post. Our Matts are very similar in the fact that my Matt loves fishing and is obsessed with an old Bronco he has. Soulmates. I still want Matthew to cook for me some time, I drool over his meals. Dying laughing at the ranch and can of chicken:0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post! I think this is such a fun concept! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg he and Todd must be long lost brothers, well besides the fact he can cook!Okay and maybe the organized thing ha! But they both love to hunt, fish and grew up on a farm......those country boys make the best husbands! You are one luck lady Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe Brandon never wears socks either - and he refused to wear them on our wedding day despite his mother's annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, I would love to know what your husband honestly thinks of your decorating obsession? Mine gave up years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This interview was adorable! Sounds just like my husband in the kitchen! Real men cook:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. best idea yet! i loved meeting matthew. maybe a TMI question - but how does he keep his loafers smelly rosey?? i like to go sockless, too, and so does my hubs, but im not sure it smells so great LOL. any suggestions? btdubs - love the old rover! great pic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like he would get along with my husband. Life revolves around how we are going to fish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun! Are you sure you didn't just interview the man behind my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun post! I can identify with the list making.
    My husband would be adamantly opposed to such a post by me. I think he wants people to doubt his existence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This interview is awesome!! Love that he has Campbells car...is it sad my car is one year old and has 47k miles too...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Matthew!

    How cute is this little interview? I loved meeting your man and I'm cracking up at the list and bin obsession - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a cute interview!

    XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun! It's neat to see the man "behind the blog."

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so fun to "meet" the men behind the blogs! Gives us a little glimpse into your real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant! I need to know more. Please no more stories about canned chicken aka cat food. What kind of scenarios are you prepared for with filled Tupperware bins? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Y'all are the cutest...love meeting all the men behind the blogs!! Sounds like he and my Mr. should be friends because mine loves to hunt + fish too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! SO cute!! I love the no socks look..and an added bonus he can cook! and is good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Bryce did a guest post about his wine making a long time ago and has been asking to do another..maybe I'll have him share some random facts too!

    My fave was your "chicken salad" story..literally laughed out loud! And now you're meal planning each week, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was so cute! I think our husbands would get along quite well seeing as mine never wears socks, is amazing in the kitchen, has already bought and sold 2 old jeep wagoners, and loves to hunt....maybe it's a Richmond thing

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun to hear from the other side! My "cooking" definitely wasn't what won my husband over either :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now I love Matthew too. His mother must be very proud of herself for raising such a splendid man. It's not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk