I know several other bloggers have turned the tables and featured the men behind the blogs. I thought it would be fun to let Matthew take a turn. I wanted to do a little interview Q&A with him but we both found it a lot harder to stay on track than anticipated. So for today we decided to just start slow and share with you five things you don't know about him.
He's given me full permission to allow y'all to ask him questions as well and he promises to come back soon and answer them publicly. So ask away.
1. I never wear socks. I prefer loafers over any other shoe and wear them year round. My mom made me wear socks when I got married. To this day Julia and I still laugh at how weird I looked. I usually don't even bother to put on socks when I run.
2. I love to cook. And I'm really good at it. I like the preparation and methodically create master lists and recipes. I like prepping and diligently use a separate prep bowl for each ingredient. I like getting my ingredients spread out before I begin cooking and thinking about what it's going to create. The first time I went to Julia's apartment I was blown away by the awesome kitchen set-up. One look at all that All-clad and Wusthof and I knew we were a match made in heaven. And then she proceeded to open a can of chicken, yes, a can of chicken, and squeeze some Ranch dressing into a bowl and call it chicken salad. Oh honey, you've come a long way. My favorite thing to cook is shrimp and grits.
3. I'm into lists. And I like to write things down. I use my Filofax for everything even when it's already entered in my iPhone. I have more notepads than I care to think about. I make lists for my lists. I think its my type-A personality coming through. I like to feel prepared and lists help with that. I also have a Tupperware problem. I buy and fill storage bins full of everything we might need for any given scenario. Then I write a list with what's inside. Then I write a list to see what bins I have. I also like labels. Maybe that should count as a separate entry. It might also be interesting to add that Julia has a strong aversion to wasting paper products. She thinks I abuse paper. I admit it.
4. I'm obsessed with an old Range Rover I bought a few years ago. It belonged to former Governor of South Carolina Carrol Campbell and has 47,000 original miles. It's a project car for sure, but I picture Tagg driving it around one day as his first car. What's really weird is that I was trying to buy this car for months but there was a title problem preventing it from being sold. Finally one morning I got the call that it was clear and that happened to be the first morning of Wells' life. I like to think it was divine intervention. Maybe she should get the car.
5. I breathe hunting and fishing. Call me cliche, I'm a southern man who likes to hunt and fish. But honestly, I can't remember a time where I wasn't near the water or in a field. I can't picture a more awesome hobby. It's my down time. When I'm not hunting or fishing I'm playing golf. Or watching HGTV and Bravo. No really. I watch all the Real Housewives of wherever with Julia on the couch at night. But I prefer HGTV. Even though that channel is bogus. I like to see what other people are doing.