JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Boys Room Design

September 17, 2013

__________________________________________________________
Alright, you've asked time and again for a boy's room and I've finally delivered!  I'm loving this room for a little boy.  In fact, this is pretty much the direction I want Tagg's room to go in when he's ready to transition out of his crib.  While this is still a few years away it's always good to have a plan in order so the big switch doesn't cost you a fortune at one time.  Although if he has anything to do with it he'll be living in a Thomas the Train bed with walls painted like a tunnel.  No joke.

Although it is your standard blue and green, it's sophisticated and not too obvious a palate.  Each of the pieces have fine detail and could easily work for a range of ages and yet all together don't scream baby boy.  Swap out the baby toy for blue ribbons and this room could pretty much carry him into his teens.  It's also a good look for a guest room because it doesn't scream kids room.  I'm a big fan of selecting a standout art piece to carry the colors of the room.  Some people source out art to match a room.  I prefer to build a room around a great piece of art.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic room! Love the elephant print , the sconce, and all the features! This is going to be great fun putting his room together. Hope everyone's well and that youre staying warm! Its freezing here ( comparitively) this morning!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, but that chair! Oh that chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sconces are some of my all time favorites. And I love those sheets with that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this design plan!!!

    Brittany
    www.classicallyb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! That bed - stunning!! I love your choice of rug as well! And I want the chair in my living room. I knew you wouldn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable. This room could transition a long way into pre teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!! I love every detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this to be MY room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its perfect-sooooooooo beautiful. great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that painting! And fabric! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is crazy good. That print is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across White Faux Taxidermy via Pinterest earlier tonight and am obsessed! I want either a light pink elephant or white deer with gold antlers! Love the lion for a boys' room and also love that art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing design! I like the Lionhead the most, its color is very relaxing! I want one.

    Paula | Cavite house and lot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk