JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Currently Obsessed: Robes

September 4, 2013

__________________________________________________________
I loved hearing everyone's opinions on the cafe curtains debate a while back.  I agreed with every single thing you said.  The reasons for having them are strong.  If done in a tailored and simple way they can be tasteful.  They're a bit odd.  They're a lot too old fashioned.  It's a big commitment and potential waste of some good linen fabric if I hate them.

In the meantime, I've found a good solution to the modesty problem we run into with a street facing corner kitchen.  A good robe.  Something not too heavy or too long.  I get hot.  Just an extra layer to keep some element of surprise from the whole neighborhood.  This isn't going to be a final solution but it should buy me some time and privacy.
Do y'all robe it?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. LOVE a good robe - I actually have 4 that I love :) that coral-pink one you posted is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just thinking how cozy the turquoise one looks and how I would never get out of it!...then realized its made by ugg...what?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Eberjey Robe! you need one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with robes & pjs. Eberjey are definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me a good robe!! Pottery barn makes very cozy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely do. Nothing like having a bunch of big bay windows for people to see you at your finest, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my robe! But now that C has to catch the bus at 7:16 am. I hop out of bed and put on clothes. No more lounging in my robe until 10 am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a robe problem! I seriously have 5 robes! They work for all different times of year, I have light, heavy, long, short, etc. I love all of those above and I think it's a great short term solution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these robes all so much. It's so difficult to find nice robes where I am (Ontario). They are always all those SUPER fleecy ones that are just way too hot for summers.

    I may have to purchase one online now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, I have a cashmere robe from Restoration Hardware and it is the most heavenly thing I have ever owned. They are on sale now! A bit pricey, but feels so indulgent, I just think it's the best.
    Loved your vacay instagram pics!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously need a robe. I should rephrase that, I seriously need a robe that I like. I have the cheap drive me up the wall one I grabbed before going in to the hospital for baby no. 1, and the annoyingly slippery long one that never stayed closed. I'm always doing the quick-glance-run-naked-to-the-laundry-room-while-holding-boobs-move. I think everyone would appreciate me having a robe :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love robes and jammies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am horrible about walking around the house (and often into the backyard) in nothing but a tee shirt...Bryce hates it an is constantly closing the shutters worrying that neighbors are spying, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk