JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Favorite Fall Look: Barbour Jacket

September 13, 2013

Happy Friday friends! We had a pretty nasty storm and lost power for a while last night so I'm running a bit behind today.  Thank you all so much for all your support for Wells' first week of school.  She did awesome.  Each drop off got a little bit better and I have a feeling it will go smoothly when car line starts next week.

Have I told y'all that fall is my favorite season?  Growing up in Virginia, it's pretty much picture perfect.  Cool enough to sport cozy layers but not so cold that you can't enjoy being outside.  I'm pretty sure this look is going to be my go-to for Saturdays.  It works for pretty much anything we might get into from sipping pumpkin spice lattes at the farmer's market to the pumpkin patch. 
And I always tend to go more classic and preppy in the fall.  I like good investment pieces that are durable and last from year to year.

What about you?  What's your favorite fall look?

Shop the look

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. Love that coat. It is funny how Wells will not remember most of this when she is older....and you will never forget :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cable knit sweater and a pair of black skinnies are a must for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fall outfit! I can't wait for it to cool down a bit so I can break out my Barbour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute fall look! I'm especially loving every jacket that J.Crew has put out this fall....and as a Virginia girl, I have to say, Fall in Virginia is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fall look! I love that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A barbour and oxford are my uniform all Fall long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit - perfect for fall.

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Barbour jackets, but never wanted to drop that much cash on a jacket that I won't be able to wear very long (living in South Carolina means fall starts in November and Winter ends in January-ish). I just bought the J. Crew field jacket and LOVE it! Now I can't wait for cooler weather to hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely getting a cable knit sweater! I've seen so many I love this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look, pretty much wearing it now - skinny jeans, a button-down shirt and J. Crew necklace - and would you believe I spontaneously bought a quilted Barbour Cavalry jacket when the temperature started dropping this afternoon? I saw it in a shop window and that was that!
    Have a great weekend,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a Barbour wax coat for years. I think my model is something unusual like Northumberland (?) Its long for a jacket but I just bought wax baseball cap to match it and a hot pink lightweight quilted Barbour jacket for non-rainy days. They are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its our favorite for sure. Have a great weekend sweet friend!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Barbour Bedale has been my go to for riding and barn work since high school and it's still going strong almost 15 years later. Nothing keeps out the rain and chill like a Barbour. They are such durable coats and worth every penny! I still find it a little humorous that things like Barbour coats and Hunter boots - staples of the equestrian world for decades - are making it into mainstream fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk