JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

TeePee Project: Part 1 Inspiration

October 24, 2013

Okay, so I'm sourcing some inspiration for my teepee project today!  I think teepee's are the most magical and cool element you can add to a kid's space.  I have found several tutorials online and will be sure to post what worked for me after this project is completed.  I plan to combine several as my guide.

I want ours to look something like these images below.  Plain and tailored with a simple embellishment.  I plan to use either white or off white canvas and something contrasting for the trim in a grey or black.  I love the feathers, garland, and flags so I need to get my DIY pants on and figure something out!

 For those of you that aren't feeling crafty be sure to check out this amazing ready made teepee from the Land of Nod.  You just can't go wrong here.  It's going to take a lot of wine and some bribing for Matthew to help me build ours!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

14 comments:

  1. I love love love those teepees! I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg how funny!! I am getting C and T one for Christmas!! Teepees are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pom-pom trim at the entrance of one. Can't wait to see the final project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic inspiration photos. A TeePee will look amazing in your space with that lush view outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be just as fun to make as an adult! lame?! It makes me think of the tent in The Holiday. I def like the ones with more than 4 poles so that its a cooler shape than a square!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think teepees are so neat! I'd definitely put one in a room, if I had the space! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a teepee in the playroom!! I can't wait to see what you DIY- I would love to be able to do that instead of spending $$ on one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to watch your project! I completely agree with you about the teepee. I think I'm getting my daughter the one from LON for Xmas. Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place for kids to let their imagination run wild. I would have loved a teepee when I was kid. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspiration pics. I love the garlands, they are so cute -- can't wait to see what you come up with. The kids are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    The fourth photograph of the boy in his room is a photo that I took. This is the original post:
    http://www.ishandchi.com/2010/05/tepee.html

    Can you please provide credit or remove this image. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk