JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Five Minute Make-Up: For Women on the Go

November 7, 2013


Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Cream SPF 30 | Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 | Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick | Chanel Glossimer | Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat | Smashbox Soft Lights Prism | Yves Saint Lauren "Volume Effet Faux Cils" Mascara

On Tuesday, I referenced how rough I looked in my blog post and then posted a picture of myself about two hours later on instagram looking pretty damn good.  Disconnect?  Need for praise?  Nope.  I promise I wasn't full of shit when I wrote that I looked tired and unkempt earlier that morning, because I was and did.

I don't really have time for more than five minutes of fix-up in the mornings.  And usually that comes closer to 11am when I start to think about getting really fixed for the day.  Sometimes applied in my driveway while the babes are buckled up in the backseat.

I've always loved makeup and pre-kids used to have a pretty lengthy morning fix-up routine for work. Let's be real, those days are long gone.  Even when I have to look presentable, I just don't have the time or energy for that kind of effort.  I've vetted so many products from so many companies over the years and have finally settled into a really easy and quick routine that leaves my face looking flawless and natural.  You know, the I rolled out of bed look fabulous look?  That's my goal and these products really help with that quickly.

Does this sound like a paid promotion?  I wish.  Laura?  Trish?  Bobbi?  Want to sponsor me?  No really.  I just feel really passionately that everyone can look fresh in just a few minutes and that goes a long way to starting your day off right.  I have more confidence and am more willing to leave the house when I feel good about how I look.

What are your favorite make-up products?  Anything here that you've used or been hoping to try?  I'd also like to disclose that I have freakishly dry skin with eczema.  Even on my face and neck.  So I treat that with prescription steroid cream and aquafor. Skin prep is everything on your face.

I also am a firm believer in a metallic headband and pretty scarf going a long way to transform your look on the fly.  But we'll leave that for another post!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

9 comments:

  1. i LOVEEEEEEE these posts. can i copy you and do one on my faves??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My makeup routine is 5 minutes max. Any extra sleep I can get-I'll take! For me, the secret is to apply your makeup on freshly moisturized skin. You can just do a bit of concealer and bronzer and your skin will have a natural glow. I swear by using this beauty blender sponge...it is a miracle worker!!!
    http://www.sephora.com/beautyblender-P228913?skuId=1151869

    Rachel
    www.pinkflamingostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of scarves; I just need to add a metallic headband! I'm in search for a quick, effective beauty routine, so I will have to explore some of your picks. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scarf!! And that Bobbi Brown brick looks amazing, might need to get that. Random, what software/program do you use to make your collages? I love the clean look of them. Congrats on the rebrand, I think it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a quick and easy make up routine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use that YSL mascara and the Laura Mercier foundation too (although mine is the oil free variety). Laura is my girl. I love all her stuff (concealer, foundation, setting powder). I also recently switched from my Nars blush to LM and I'm loving that too.

    If your ever looking for a fantastic eyeliner - I love the Stila liquid liner from Sephora. It's the only one I've ever used that's not halfway down my face at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great and I'm totally with you on the scarf! Love Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick, gives such a nice overall glow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm slowly learning now that I have a baby that I need a faster makeup routine! I have crazy acne prone skin so I use a lot of Origins and Bare Minerals but I swear by the Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia you look fab with the makeup routine you are using; plus the scarf and headband are darling!

    xoxo,
    Karena
    In with the Old: Jennifer Boles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk