JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

LIVING ROOM STYLE

November 12, 2013

Yesterday I showed y'all some of my inspirations rooms all featuring a navy sofa.  The design plan for our formal living room has changed in order to accommodate our new (to us) navy sofa and love seat.  I'm loving what I came up with below.  I'm sure we'll tweak it plenty along the way.  But I think it's a good blend of both Matthew and I at this point.

I still really wanted to go with a more neutral and classic look.  Matthew and I both are drawn neutral and classic pieces.  I like a bit of french flair thrown in so it looks more eclectic and not too over the top Americana.  And of course a piece of badass art is always a necessity.

This room is no where ready for installation.  We're going to be collecting the pieces slowly over time.  Aren't we all doing that?  But I always find it helpful to have a board to keep me on track.  I picked up four awesome pillows and a lamp at homegoods a few weeks ago that looked great with the navy.  But I'm going to return them because they're off track.  They would be a quick-fix for now but set me back long term in getting this room where I want it.  It's so hard to opt for the long term design and not go with a quick fix but I know the result will pay off in the long run.


LIVING ROOM STYLE

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

10 comments:

  1. love this design! Maybe I need to make design boards to keep me on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design board! I agree that it's hard to stay focused when purchasing things for a room. That's actually my biggest problem is that I don't have a vision for my space sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to look great! A great mix of modern and classic. It will be fun to collect it all over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite SKB paintings. I love the direction you are headed with this room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have the right plan. It is hard to pass things up, but you've got your eyes on the long term prize and it will all be worth it. Those are my fav sconces btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited you've acquired a navy sofa. We have one and I love seeing your design thoughts around it!! I love the boards, such great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! It's hard to stick with the long term plan but I think it's worth it! Where is that mirror from? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I think you've put together something something very classic.. love that dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the design...especially the second vignette!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk