JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Men's Style Guide

December 16, 2013

Okay, so I actually had to pay Matthew in scotch to cooperate for this post.  He wants to make it very clear that his participation was only slightly to this side of voluntary.  But I'm persuasive.  And I thought it as time we showcase some men's things around here.  We all appreciate a good fashion post and I thought this might be helpful for you to see some classic staples put together first hand when selecting things for your man to wear.

We pretty much stuck with weekend staples for this post but I plan to come back with a focus on dress clothes and work clothes.  I might need to save up a few (okay a lot) more brownie points first.

Anyway, you'll notice it's all classic yet still feels up to date.  Each piece pretty much takes you straight into the next season.  Don't you wish it were this easy to dress ourselves year after year?  Matthew is so choosy about what he wears and will only buy items from brands that stand behind their products.  Quality over quantity is a lesson I have adapted from him.

What do you think?  Are these looks your husband rocks too?  What's your favorite men's style staple?

Weekend Casual

Business Casual | Date Night

Sporting

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. Love it! Love your new profile pic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these looks! Men definitely have it easy when it comes to putting together classic pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has great style! I really love the date night outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just starting to look for gifts online for my husband this morning - what perfect timing and what great taste. Love everything! My husband is in need of clothes this year so you gave me some great ideas. Thank you to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt and Brandon definitely have extremely similar taste in clothes. He has many of these pieces/ones that are close to these. It's actually a lot easier to find clothes for him than it is for me, and I'm definitely jealous of that. It's definitely not fair that boys/men have it so easy. Their staple pieces will always be their staple pieces, and if you buy nice quality, their stuff will last for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't realize that Southern Marsh's shirts were wrinkle free - great alternative for a casual shirt

      Delete
  6. Okay, ask him where I can find a good duck blind bag! The Cabelas one is sold out in large and magnum is too big!!!! Otherwise, I've never heard of southern marsh.....love those shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE Southern Marsh! And refreshing to not be one of a million guys in VV or ST :). They're shirts are non-iron!

      Delete
  7. Love this! What a great sport! :) And I completely agree about the Men's Clothing...classic and timeless. My hubs is the same way and it also makes me think alot about my purchases as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great husband…I can't imagine mine being game for posing, I'd get tons of eye rolling! Classic pieces are well, just that, never go out of style, my hubby is quite the same with a little French twist (since he's French). I actually bought the Timex Weekender watch my myself not too long ago to wear during the days with the kids since well, you get it, and I love the olive colored band. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sport! Love all the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love southern marsh. Two of my best friends went to law school with Matt, who started the company!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband is a saint...my Mr. would NEVER do this! He looks adorable! Loving all these style options!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Julia! Adam always bolts if I aim the camera at him, so major props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this..what a great sport haha! I always find myself admiring a lot of my boyfriend's classic pieces. I think guys have it right when it comes to having a few investment pieces and then lots of basics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it..Bryce actually has most of these items in his closet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk