JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Big Boy Room Plans

January 17, 2014


This is my first draft for Tagg's big boy room. I want something classic.  I like a calm color scheme in bedrooms but know better than to try out all-white for a little boy.  We're going to be keeping almost every piece of furniture from his nursery except for the crib. I intentionally chose pieces that could grow with him.  I've started gathering a few new things like sheets and pillows and a bedskirt.  I'm just hoarding them away until the big bed transition happens.

I'll update later today with links to the board above.  I'm a bit behind this morning.

Wells stopped wearing diapers at night last week and so far it's going really well.  No accidents.  We waited until past the point I knew she was ready. I  like easy transitions.  Last night she woke up twice to tinkle.  The only night Tagg slept through the night all week.  Of course.  I think that's the murphy's law of multiple children.  When one is asleep the other will most certainly be awake.

Happy long weekend friends!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

22 comments:

  1. All about the soft neutrals! Love that heron prints, would you share the source? TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection!! Um you know I hear you on the no sleep kid thing! I think I got a total of 2 hrs last night 😩😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect! We just painted our boys' room a light grey (sw light French gray) and I love the crispness it has with out walnut stained beds. I must find sheets still - did you go for white or something fun? I'm torn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky and found the sheets pictured above at TJ Maxx. They're white with little blue and grey rounds (more geometric than floral) from Cynthia Rowley.

      Delete
  4. Oh - and I totally scoped out your boys Pinterest board Monday bc we ordered a dresser to match the beds and I had a last minute thought that maybe we should have mismatched them. I spent an hour that morning looking at the room and the stain swatches (and then I stuck with my first instinct to have everything match). I'm the worst at making decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous plan for Tagg I love it all - have a great weekend and here's hoping for a good nights sleep for all! Xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this! Especially the artwork...it's going to be fabulous! Or well handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Wells! I'm with you - the easier the transition, the happier the mamma. Love your board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Tagg's bedroom inspiration! That elephant gentleman is just the best.
    I wish it was a long weekend for us! Brandon and I both have to work Monday - no days off for us until we go to New Orleans in April!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Can't wait to see how many versions you do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Totally something he can grow into and doesn't scream little boy! Good luck with Wells! I'm almost there with my 3-yr old (she's up one once a night to pee as well) but I'm terrified of the Murphy's law that says the first night I let her sleep in undies, she will definitely forget and I'll be changing sheets at 2am!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great...definitely smart to pick pieces that will grow with him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Where did you find that bed?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you link to the bed and lamp? They're awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. From crib to a big boy’s bed, your kid is definitely growing up so fast. Time really flies fast. Anyhow, you have a pretty good idea on what his room looks like. I hope everything goes as great as you planned it so you can finish up his room in no time.

    Dante @ HealthyBedStore.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk