The kitchen is one probably my favorite room in our new house. It's located in the front corner so it's flooded with light. I'm a big fan of the all white kitchen but I don't mind our black counter tops. This room needs just a few more finishing touches and then I'll be ready to call it finished for now. You know there is always a phase 2.
I would love to know some of your thoughts on painting the kitchen. Really just this long narrow wall needs to be painted as we will leave the cabinetry and brick wall white. I also am thinking about painting the back splash wall in the same white as the cabinets because we're not quite ready to upgrade to a tile yet.
Top three paint contenders
1. BM EDGECOMB GRAY
2. BM LANCASTER WHITEWASH
3. BM TAPESTRY BEIGE
We all like to see the big before pictures right. So here was the way the kitchen looked after a good solid scrubbing but before anything else had been worked on in here. A really great jumping off point. Not too terrible at all.
And we all love a true before shot of any space that's getting made over. Here is the kitchen exactly as we saw it when we bought it. The owner was so kind (drama story for another day) as to remove the kitchen island, the light fixture above the island, the microwave/range, the plantation shutters, and the refrigerator a few days before closing. It was a blessing in disguise because it's forced us to update some things in here that may have sat on the back burner for a few more years.
1. New Range Hood
2. Sand, Prime, and Paint backsplash wall
3. Select new hardware for cabinet pulls
4. Paint front wall (top three choices are 1. BM EDGECOMB GRAY 2. BM LANCASTER WHITEWASH 3. BM TAPESTRY BEIGE)
4. Select fabric for roman shades (sheer natural colored linen?)
5. Replace chair rail along the front wall. (Had to remove it to install the refrigerator)
6. Select light fixture. There is currently a light fixture missing from the middle of the room with dangling wires. I'd love a lantern here.
7. Replace/build island
8. Add outlet covers to back splash wall
9. Prime and paint new shelving inside the cabinets
PHASE 2 (five year plan)
New countertops (black granite)
White subway tile for back splash