JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House Master Bedroom Plans 4

April 24, 2014

Sorry for the late post today.  It's been a morning. 

Anyway, just wanted to show you some final updates I've made in our master bedroom progress plans.  Matthew has already added crown molding to the ceilings and painted the first coat of Sherwin Williams' Sea Salt cut to 50%.  I can't wait for him to get that final coat up so I can show you how awesome it looks.  It was a bold choice for us but it's the softest pale green with a bit of blue and grey in it.  I love it.  I'm also adjusting to the rug choice being so bold.  It helps that everything else we're picking out are neutrals. 


Here's where we are with THE PLAN:

-Keep existing rug from my mother in law.
-Use matching ceramic lamps from Homegoods
- Addison Custom Upholstered Headboard in talc linen 
-Two Cottage Vanities to use as bedside tables.  I love the extra space and height they'll provide over a traditional nightstand.
-Find a basket for under Matthew's nightstand and perhaps order a ghost chair or lucite bench to tuck under mine.  Matthew sleeps in a sleeping bag a lot.  I'm not even kidding so he needs a basket large enough to store it during the day.
-Keep Monogrammed EuroSham from Lil & Gaines (maybe order a second one)
-Keep existing Pottery Barn Essentials white linens
-Maybe upgrade sheets to this, this, or this lovely set
-Start thinking about window treatment options and fabrics.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. Everything you do is lovely! I just used Sea Salt cut to 50 in a powder room, it's amazing. He sleeps in a sleeping bag...he is really outdoorsy huh?! Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - love your plan. But you really need to tell us more about the sleeping bag. i have to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plans and can't wait to see them in place! I really love super traditional persian rugs paired with such fresh colors and furniture! Do you have other dressers in the room? When I was decorating our bedroom, I really struggled with working outside the matching set furniture box. We ended up with a pair of simple and traditional 1940's wood dressers and an upholstered headboard. But I struuuuugggggled with the nightstands. I wish I had seen these to be honest. It's pretty difficult to find different but coordinating pieces that don't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I found a mismatched pair of vintage nightstands that are in the same style as our dressers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! But yes...please elaborate on the sleeping bag thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm also wondering about dressers as I'm also putting together my master right now and am struggling big time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the rug and sea salt cut to 50% will be perfect. I need to hear more about this sleeping bag situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the neutrals with the gorgeous rug! Did you find the lamps at Homegoods here in Richmond? I have been looking for some like that....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like neutrals best with something classic and bold so the rug does that here. It looks so cozy and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a sleeping bag in the bed?? love the room?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the plan, that wall color is so pretty! Also I totally get the sleeping bag, we have the Mummy sleeping bags from LLBean and they ARE so cozy to sleep in. Kinda like how being swaddled is soothing for a baby I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Julia! The rug is everything! So great Matthew can do the molding! Have a great weekend. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your plans! The sleeping bag comment? Hilarious! Also, do you know about Alexander's auction in Richmond? Definitely one of my fave things about RVA, and oh how I miss it...we got some great things there--rugs, furniture, you must check it out if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love some Sea Salt cut to 50%! Love your room plans! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, I can't stop thinking about the sleeping bag ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk