JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Real Life: Bedtime Stories

April 14, 2014

 I feel like I threw my family under the bus on Friday.  I didn't mean to do that.  I think anyone with kids understands.  The highs of parenting always outweigh the lows.  End of story.  It's not as if a few hours of good behavior can completely dissolve the memory of a meltdown, but it sure does help.  Maybe that's why God takes away our memory after we have children.

I never want to forget the magic of these two snuggled up on our bed watching movies and reading books before bed.  The love you can feel and carry with you for days.  The smell of a clean baby that lingers on your sheets.  The innocent fun of tickles and lots of pillows.  The illogical transformation of a big mess of a child cleaned up fresh and small again.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

9 comments:

  1. So so sweet! I love how a moment of sweetest (even if it's only a slight moment) can mean more than hours of bad behavior. My 4 yr old was a terror yesterday but one moment of rocking him in our soon to be nursery and him telling us the baby will like it bc it's cute, made the crazy day seem not crazy at all. Enjoy the beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so precious girl! I love the pictures with all three of you! Pretty mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos! The time before bed is always magical. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures! Your children are adorable! I love how Wells always has a big bow. I am trying to get my daughter to wear one but she always seems to pull it out--we are at that age! Enjoy the beach this week! I am a stay-at-home mom too and felt so reassured after your last post. Although I love her to bits it is hard being a mom sometimes, especially when the hubs is out of town. Two kids out of town is enough for anyone and I always feel that getting ready for travel is the worst! Have a great time and savor those snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professional photos in the home add such a personal touch to the result. Friends in Michigan did such a session with a fab photographer who worked only with natural light. Our house was too dark to have inside photos taken when we had our session, but the outcome (flag on the porch waving in the background; peak of the roof; swing on the swing set; etc - all in the photos) made memories of our two oldest kids' first house. I adore those photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parenting is a crazy, crazy ride. But man, those moments when you sit back and realize they aren't going to be this little forever...in probably a blink of an eye they will be teenagers is sort of grounding isn't it? Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are scrumptious and while it isn't always easy it's always worth it. (I'm mothering teenagers now……so I remind myself this on a daily basis :) ). I remember those days with little ones close in age and how physically exhausting it was, I would fall asleep the second my head hit the pillow. You are a lovely mama, it's so easy to see how much you enjoy motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will always have that unconditional love:) Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk