JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Bathroom Seating

May 22, 2014

I think it's necessary to sometimes show the unglamorous side of life.  Bloggers tend to sweep clutter aside, style, and photograph pretty projects.  We willingly display public record of our clean outfits and matching children.  It's not that I, or any of my fellow blog-friends, are trying to portray a life that's false, it's just a lot more interesting to see what someone has picked out for date night and not what they're wearing on laundry day.

But today I thought it would be a good opportunity for you to catch a glimpse.  Every night around 6:45 you can find me hanging out in a bean bag chair using a pink potty to hold my wine.  Jealous yet?


The truth is, this bathroom is still in it's original pink tile and porcelain glory and will remain so for at least a few more years.  I knew that would be the case when we bought this house so I've resisted doing any kind of sprucing up in here until it's gutted.  But now that Wells is loving bath time, finally after 3.5 years of screaming, I want to make it a bit more attractive for hanging out.  It's a decently big space for an older home.  I'm picturing a small club chair and garden stool.  Perfect for unwinding while the babes get clean.


Is this crazy?  Do people do that?  Is it ridiculous that I want to find a cozy spot in every room I'm in?  I had a hard time finding much more than a bench in most of the bathroom images I searched.  But I think it could work and with just a few key tweaks I'll hate this room a lot less in no time.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. If I showed some of my "unglamorous" life, I'm pretty sure I would loose followers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like that vintage pink. Maybe not to live with everyday, so I do see your point. You will be wanting to save some space to move the bath toys and everything else out from tucked in back of the toilet once your precious little one starts potting training... and for the next 10 years. Maybe tucked beneath your club chair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! we have a super old bathroom in our house too that I would love to redo but just not in the budget now. I also love bath time with my nieces and nephews so I understand the glass of wine and bean bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote!! I think a little garden stool would be perfect for your bathroom. All of those bathroom photos make me have bathroom envy :)



    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea pics! I think it would work, I like to make bathrooms as "Spa like" as I can. Being a Mom, we are in the bathroom a lot, its my sanctuary more now than ever...only place I can hide for time to myself is when it is my turn for bath time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its a great idea. Especially if you have the space I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chair in your bathroom? LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia! I happen to love the vintage pink. It isn't that deep pink tile you see so often. Paired with the plantation shutters, I think it is beautiful. I especially love the tile floor. You just don't see that kind of design anymore. If you're on the fence about keeping it or not, I would vote for cherishing that little space :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that room with the chaise in it, soooooo gorgeous. I love seating in a bathroom if you have the room, or usually a garden seat can be tucked in there somewhere! Have a great weekend. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reminder about not waiting. And not being glam 24/7. As you know, I am not glam even 1/24/7, but did buy some red lipstick recently. So, there's that :) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd take the glass of vino on top of the toilet in the pink tiled bathroom with ADORABLE kids in the bath tub any day over those other fancy schmancy bathrooms ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't really get the opulent chairs in bathrooms--I think a little stool and chair would be perfect, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A glass of red wine on the loo seat whilst supervising the children's bath time from a comfy beanbag's not that bad! I thought you were going to show us something much worse, but I'm probably relieved you didn't. It's inspirational looking at great interior design photos but I think the quirky posts like yours make me feel more human.

    Gordon Patton @ Bison Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in a similar situation to you too. We inherited a green 'avocado' bathroom suite when we moved into our current home. Bathrooms are just so expensive to renovate that ours has also been neglected. I think comfy seating in the bathroom is a great idea, I could hide there and read a book with the doors locked while my husband entertains the kids! Just hope I win the lottery so I can actually afford to decorate the bathroom.

    Traci Romero @ Harris Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great post. Growing up, we always had extra seating in our bathrooms. I think we had a chair in every one. I never really understood why because why would you want to sit in the bathroom and just hangout. I think as I got older, I started understanding that getting ready could be a pleasant overall experience.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk