JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House: Front Porch Progress | Summer Wreath

June 4, 2014

My mother in law made me a beautiful new wreath for our front door.  After the awful snake incident a few weeks I was ready to move on from the boxwood.  I love the bright and cheerful hydrangeas.  It really makes a big impact on our whole front porch. 

Now that we've been decorating with wreaths, I've come to love the front door color.  I think I'll still go with a fun coral or turqouise when we have the whole house painted in a few years.  But for now, I'm going to leave it.  I wish I knew the paint color for y'all but we inherited it from the previous owners.  I also love the huge impact a $10 fern makes.  We actually have two flanking the front door.  I'll have to take some better large porch shots for you soon.



Here is a before shot of the whole porch so you can see just how far we've come.  I'm pretty happy with things so far.  I'd like to get a large scale doormat and maybe some tweaking with the columns.  Overall, it's such an improvement.  I'm so thankful for this covered porch!


I think we're getting close to my orginal porch style board I made last summer.  I just love a traditional front porch.  Even a tiny little stoop could benefit from some timeless style.  Our new house has so much potential to be charming.  A welcoming entry is so important.  It's the first thing I see when we pull up to our home.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

9 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful front porch and love that wreath! Your planter is perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, love your front porch and your home is really so charming! I commented on your insta pic yesterday b/c we have the front porch on the brain at our house right now too!! We've lived at our house for just about 2 years now and are finally giving our front porch and back yard some attention. We posted a few porch schemes on our blog a week or two ago, and I think we're moving in a direction similar to what you've shown here. Love this classic look!
    ~Mary Keller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, so pretty and charming! I really want a lion door knocker for our front door!

    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love everything about this post. Crisp and classic. Thanks so much for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Im in love with those fabulous urns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love our entry and those ferns make a huge bold statement! Love the lantern and all your plans. Very welcoming and soooo chic! Have a great weekend. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh you had me at Lion's head rawwwwrrrrr! So chic especially for a traditional entryway. A mix of Hollywood glam never hurt anybody! ;D

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love your door color. Sometimes subtle is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home looks more wonderful than it already was before! It looks more inviting with the new door! But I think it would look really nice if you add some ornamental plants outside. They can help improve the exterior look of the home and make it look more refreshing. All the best!

    Hope Underwood @ Level and Square Construction

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk