July 21, 2014

Chicago Apartment Living Room

My cousin is moving to Chicago this week to start her first corporate job and she asked me to help her furniture plan.  She's lived in a dorm room for four years so she's completely starting off fresh.  I've channeled her inner east coast prep with the blue and green and pink color-scheme.  She's going to be living with two other girls so I think it's the perfect time to lean towards feminine. 

She wasn't really sure how to get started or exactly how to make a plan, but, then add things in slowly. 


I've selected everything above from Furbish Studio, Serena & Lily, Lulu & Georgia, CB2, Target, Design Darling Boutique, Homegoods, or Etsy.  Those are pretty much my go-to online shops because of the price point and wide selection of style.  I know she can go pick out her own favorite things from their curated collections.

But, I also love to support local and love the idea of her wondering around her cute little neighborhood or going for brunch with friends and walking into an amazing local shop.  Of course, I've never been to Chicago so I have no clue where to send her.  Anyone in Chicago have a list of must-visit local stores you can recommend?  Maybe a favorite brunch or happy hour spot?

12 comments:

  1. can you come decorate my apartment? Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything you chose! I wish my first apt has been this chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl can rock a design board....awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'd love to know where the blue & white garden stool is from... source? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lincoln Park has lots of cute consignment shops where she can find good deals on unique items. Definitely check out Toast for brunch and eat at my all time favorite restaurant Mindy's Hot Chocolate in Bucktown- more than just dessert! Bucktown/Wicker Park neighborhood has some pretty good vintage shops. She will love Chicago! Bring a heavy coat for winter though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your board! I've lived in Chicago and she will love it. There are all kinds of great shops she will quickly discover I'm sure. One great person to follow on Instagram is @southlooploft. She has a shop in Chicago, is on Charish and is always finding great stuff. Ahh, what a great time setting up your first apartment. Those were good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know the address, but run don't walk to Posh (hey, you'd like that name!). I think it was featured in Southern Living recently too. I wish I had bought more while I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this! You have amazing style!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are those green end tables from??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great room! Your cousin is lucky to have such a stylish family member. As a Chicagoan (born and bred) I have a bunch of rec's and will definitely do a blog post on it coming up, as we are sadly leaving the area. I lived in Lincoln Park for two years and worked in both Wicker Park, Lakeviwe, and Logan Square. Most of my favorites are from Lincoln Park (so fun and so many young people!) Make sure to grab brunch at Toast, some cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B's, a sandwich from the Bourgeois Pig, and some thai food from Andy's Thai Kitchen (Lakeview area), and a beer at Butch McGuire's! Feel free to email me if she wants any more rec's and I will comment with a link to the blog post when I publish it (it will have full list of hair, restaurants, bars, grocery) for Chicago. Sadly I did most of my furniture shopping via Craigslist but there are some cute accessory stores that I will link to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!