JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Teacher Gifts | Paperwhites and an Easy Chocolate Cookie Recipe

December 18, 2014

It's hard to believe that the entire first half of school is over today.  It's going to be a fun but long few weeks at home!  We're bringing in some thing sweet for our teachers today, plants and cookies!

I picked up these cute paper whites from Trader Joes and cut off the tags and taped it to the bottom.  I added the little gold bows and the the little tags.  I just cut them out with a my shape cutter and glued it to a toothpick.  Cute and simple. 


These are the easiest and most delicious little cookies.  I originally made them using lemon cake mix but switched it up to chocolate for Christmas.  These would be really sweet with peppermint or sprinkles as well.


Then I just put about 10 in each baggie and tied it with a gold ribbon.  The ribbon has wire already in it which helps a ton with keeping it's shape.

Chocolate Cloud Cookies
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 tub of cool whip
1 egg

Mix the ingredients above and roll into balls.  Drop each ball in a bowl full of powdered sugar and roll around to fully coat.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes on 350'.  Let cool on a baking rack.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

11 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I wish I had thought of this ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A good blogger would have done this last week! But the real mom in me waited until last night after putting the kids to bed ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia! Such a cute gift idea. I love reading your blog! So, do you just mix those three ingredients together or do I need the ingredients that come on the cake mix box as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the cookies...greased cookie sheet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used wax paper on the baking sheets. You could spray them too. Would help with sticking

      Delete
  4. Paper whites are my absolute favorite...for some reason I can't find them anywhere this year!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you flatten the balls on the cookie sheet before baking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love TJ's pre-potted amaryllis and paperwhites! My amaryllis' looked just like your paperweight container (we didn't get paperweights in those containers this year...just in the little bulb kits) Anyway, I managed to kill them before they even sprouted. BLACK THUMB. Oh well, gotta let some things go! ;) Those cookies look delish too! I'm sure the kids teachers loved them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. birthday gifts uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk