JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Love it or Leave it | Matching Pillow Arrangments on Sofas

January 8, 2015

We have a sofa, loveseat, and a chair in our family room.  Probably pretty similar to what most everyone here has as well.  So my big question to you, do you like your pillows to match exactly?  More specifically do you like for pillows on the sofa and love seat, or sofa and chairs to be in matching pairs or sets or do you prefer a more organic and complimentary flow of fabrics?

Let me give you some examples of family rooms with matching pillow arrangements and you can decide from there.  All of these are pretty.  I searched only through my pinterest folders to find rooms to use for this post.  So all of these are spaces I liked and pinned.  They're all my style.

Yet as I embark on trying to freshen up the pillow choices in my family room I feel like I'm a little bored with this option.  I don't really want to repeat the same patterns on multiple surfaces.


 The last room seems to be on the fence.  They've lots of different pillows all in the same warm white color scheme but featured the same patterned fabric pillow on each sofa.  That's a pretty good compromise too.  But is that enough?  Would more pattern mixing be more fun?

Matching Pillows on multiple surfaces?  Love it or Leave it?


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. I personally don't like matching on both the sofa and chairs but I do like similar color family. I have two different sets of pillows on my couch and different pillows on my wingbacks too. You always have a great eye so I know you choose something fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too OCD and my room has too many colors and toys so I have to have matching pillows. If I could get out all the toys and get some hardwood floors I could explore non-matching but I have to keep my sanity and pillows it is. #pillowsanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had matching pillows on my sofa, love seat and accent chairs, I loved the symmetry. But this fall I finally went for mixing it up; the couch and love seat each have one pillow out of the same fabric but the rest of the pillows are different and complimentary and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think matching is is necessary but I love coordinating with the same color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these styles. I always try to buy 2 of each pillow style and mix and match. I love the mix and match look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a tough one. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Haha. Lots of help I am :). I do like a consistent color grouping to keep it simple and have complete confidence that I will love whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had matching pillows on my couch and loveseat but got bored with them so I changed it up but I'm not sure how I feel now! I really like the symmetry of matching pillows but it could just be that I want to buy new pillows because I'm tired of working with what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In side by side matching chairs I would match pillows, but for couches I say mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think having really bold colors or textures (like the 1st and 4th pictures) with the matching pillows is more fun and less match-matchy then having pillows in the exact same color pallet. Those can fade a little while the other one still keep the room bright and fun but also give it some cohesiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a matcher. Honestly, I am moving away from tons of pillows (at least on the sofa we use all the time). I like the look of one long lumbar. I feel like they are always messed up and makes me feel like our house is not put together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I personally LOVE pattern repetition in a room so I'm always a fan of matching pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever you pick will be fab, no doubt!! I like mixing it up and bringing the symmetry in elsewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a matcher too but I like to make sure there are different patterns and scales but all in similar tones! That way there is visual interest but calming to your eye at the same time ! But you don't need my advice you have the best style! Can't wait to see what you pick! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm on the fence. I think it would depend on the style of the room overall.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its really great and interesting post you have shared which is informative to decorate our home. As we are also working with Leather Sofa Land. Leather Sofa Land

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't normally go for matching cushions on chairs and sofas but the images you have provided look great. I will definitely have to rethink my design ideas. Thank you for writing such an interesting and inspiring blog. I feel like I want to redecorate straight away and buy new cushions. I would love to see more of your ideas in the future.

    Peter @ Colourlock

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk