JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New Front Door | Painted Six Pane Door

January 2, 2015

I know I've been talking about it since we bought this house but I finally got my new front door!  I've wanted a six pane storm door since the day we moved in.  I'm not sure about where you live, but in Richmond, everyone has this traditional style door and paints them fun colors.  I know a pink or green or turquoise door might seem out of place in some areas but honestly it blends right in around here. 

Upon months of debate I think we have finally narrowed it down to two colors;  mint and pink.  Literally every single time I think I've made up my mind I switch back to the other.  So much so that I am literally on my way to the paint store this morning and I'm still not positive which color I'm going to get. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Pink or Mint?  I couldn't find a good mint door in this style to mock up for you so you'll have to envision that it will look just as pretty as the pink.  There are so many mint doors in this area so I may have to do some drive by stalking on my way to the store.


 You'll have to check in on instagram late today to see which one we pick!


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. Go for the pink! You only live once, might as well go all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I say pink but that's because we have a strict HOA so I don't get to use fun colors on our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PINK!!!! The boys will get used to it and I know you and Wells will LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink! Do you mind sharing the source for your door? I want to do the same thing to ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink really caught my eye! I love it, and have always believed that every space needs a pop of pink! Can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the pink! I so desperately wanted to paint our old door in Richmond pink but it would have clashed with our red brick house. Can't wait to do it on our future house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get your new storm door? I have been wanting one ever since we moved to Richmond (from Charleston) last year. Love the pop of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pheasants Hardware carries them in stock! I think it's even called the Richmond door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, autocorrect on my phone is so annoying. That is supposed to say Pleasants Hardware ;)

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much! I've been reading your blog for about a year and really enjoy it! I love that your posts are truly you and your projects in real time and they are "real life" if that makes sense😊 .

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right on the money with those choices, with the rich and unique manner with which the houses in Richmond are kept, I think you're on the right track here. Definitely while keeping with the traditional style of the door go for mint. It strongly matches the colors of your house while keeping things fresh and appealing for the neighbors.

    Giovanni @ Coastal Contract Hardware

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk