JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Tomato Basil Quinoa with Chicken

May 13, 2015

I've got another dinner for you today that's been on regular rotation around here.  It's really simple and so good.  Something really good to use up all that fresh basil and tomato that's about to start popping up in our home gardens as well.  I think it's really good served warm with some crumbled feta on top or cold the next day as a lunch salad.


Tomato + Basil Quinoa with Chicken
Quinoa cooked according to the package but substitute chicken stock for water
Bake one package of boneless skinless chicken breast seasoned with salt + pepper and garlic (or use rotisserie chicken)
Add 4-5 heaping spoonfuls of pesto mixed into the fully cooked quinoa
3-4 Fresh vine ripened tomatoes cut up
5-6 basil leaves cut up




Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

5 comments:

  1. This looks effortless and fresh! I love when great healthy recipes are right under your nose! I might throw in a little feta or mozzarella just for fun.
    xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this, I have a weakness for anything with quinoa! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I often make meals using all these ingredients but this looks so simple I'll have to give it a go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing and perfect for summer dinners…yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. I love anything with basil!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk